New

Options
Hi ... joined a few days ago with my daughter and I'm enjoying this site a lot so far. I live on the west coast of Canada.

There's no doubt about it, I'm chunky ... and that's putting it nicely. My goal is to lose 45 pounds. I've done it before (I'm in my 50s and do NOT have a great metabolism), so expect that it can be done again. The problem is that I was younger and cuter then ... what shall be my motivation this time, since it isn't really romance anymore?

Well ... I do have a secret motivation, but you have to promise not to tell.

I have an interest in Burlesque dancing ... of course I wouldn't even consider trying it at this weight. It's bad enough at my AGE. But what the heck ... if I lose the weight then my reward will be a feather boa and a basic set of lessons.

Replies

• royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to MFP! A friend request has been sent.
    My name is Yvette and you can reach your goals and that reward sounds so cool. I love this site because it has like minded people on here that are fighting for the same things to feel and be happy. I have battled being obese all my life. Losing weight and gaining it right back. I started at 227lbs and my current weight is 164 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and lose the last 14 lbs of my weight, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weight loss and fitness journey to a healthier us.