Hello my name is.....

Options
Joy from Houston - I was going to say Miss Piggy but I'm not going to have a defeatist attitude anymore. I have been skinny, heavy, skinny and now heavy again. I honestly thought I was doing a "lifestyle change" a few years ago when I lost weight and got myself to feeling good about my choices in eating and exercises. Well that change turned into a slip up here and there, an I don't care anymore here and there, I'm tired of exercise, maybe I have a medical problem so I gain weight idea, and all the excuses in the world. I gained every single pound back and then some. This is also after I had a tummy tuck and Lipo as a reward to myself for the big loss and "lifestyle change" I know how to do it and this time I have to stick to it. I found this app by accident and glad to get to meet all of you!

Replies

• kaylinmurphy
    kaylinmurphy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain with the "giving up" thoughts.....I was certain a few years back that I had finally made it to the healthy side for good but I've regained 6 lbs and I feel awful! Just downloaded this app today and I hope I can at least stick to it and make small changes as I go along! :) It's nice to read these stories I don't feel so alone!
  • Sparkie_66
    Sparkie_66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My story is similar...lost 40 pounds a few years ago and gained them back. Had some life changes that got me off track over the past few years, starting with a divorce and most recently my boyfriend dying of cancer. So, being 48 years old, I feel the same about excuses...maybe it's health related, maybe it's hormones, etc. So, I'm trying to lift myself back up and I know if I lost this weight it would help my state of mind. I'm really needing something positive, because the negatives have devastated me. I gained 12 pounds since my bf died in July and I'm at a weight I was at when I was pregnant. I've done it before, I can do it again. I have to.
  • Joy_Jenkins
    Joy_Jenkins Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    More similar of story than you think Sparkle. So how do you complete your daily food log if you haven't consumed enough calories? I am short some and it will not let me save it and move on tomorrow.