How can I loose 30 pounds

Options
Can someone help me with my weight loss, I'm not really that "educated" on food and nutrition or exercise.
I want to loose 30 pounds
my starting weight160 and like to be 130 lbs
currently im 158-159

Whats the best way to loose 30 pounds?
Feel free to share your stories, diet tips, exercise tips, general motivation or anything else

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    There is a weight loss section here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/9-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help

30 lbs - allow up to a year to achieve it. Aim for 1 lb/week or less initially, slowing down as you approach target.

Eat about 35% of your calories as protein, at least 20% as oils and fats and the rest as carbohydrates. Eat foods you can identify and know what's in them. Do at least an hour's walking a day at a speed that makes you breathe heavy.

Aim to eat 1400 - 1600 calories a day to start with, and adjust up or down after 3-4 weeks depending on the rate of weight loss.
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Simply eat at a deficit. Preferably while eating 'whole' foods to keep you fuller for longer.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You are already in your weight range and it is going to be difficult to lose rapidly. It also seems that your problem is more about toning. Aim for 0.5 lb weekly loss, eat healthy, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, and do toning exercises. Start with the videos in blogilates.com, both the toning and specific areas.

You also need to increase your calories. You are 5'11" so your BMR is 1565 but you only eat 1300 calories. TDEE sedentary is 1878. Up your calories to 1701, and change the exercise workout.