gained 11 pounds in 1 year. need to lose it by 2/14/2014. looking for help

Options
Get back on track. Started walking g again two weeks ago. Good right now have bronchitis ugh.

Replies

• performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That is too much too fast. The highest 'recommended' rate of loss is 2 lbs per week, and too my knowledge that's more realistic if you have a large amount to lose. I don't think you actually 'need' to lose 11 lbs by Valentine's Day. You will be better off losing it the healthy way and not rushing.
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Especially since it requires time travel!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Will anything happen if you don't lose it? Eleven pounds in five weeks when you don't have much to lose is much too aggressive. Set to half a pound a week and have patience.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid that ship has already sailed.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Debalden wrote: »
    Get back on track. Started walking g again two weeks ago. Good right now have bronchitis ugh.
    Debalden,

I hope you feel better soon.

Think of it this way. You didn't gain the weight overnight, so you won't lose it that quickly either. I suggest setting your goals to lose ah half pound a week, and also eat at a calorie deficit, and see where it takes you. Slow and easy does it. Enjoy the process.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Why 2/14?
    What happens on 2/15?

I'm assuming you meant 2015 not 14.

Roses miraculously half in price :smile:
  • rashmigoel
    Options
    It's not just the weight, it's the toning. I've found amazing fast results with callanetics (similar to pilates ) . Combine those exercises with additional diet control via mfp and additional workout to burn about 500-1000 call per day and you'll get a long way towards where you want to go, and within a few weeks. Remember a few important tips:1. Often when we think we are hungry we are actually thirsty. Drink lots of water. 2. Better to eat small healthy low cal meals or snacks throughout the day than to fast all day if you aren't used to it. That will keep you feeling full, or at least not hungry -too hungry can lead to poor choices. 3. Don't weigh yourself too often. It can be discouraging. Once a week is plenty.
    Good luck!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    rashmigoel wrote: »
    It's not just the weight, it's the toning. I've found amazing fast results with callanetics (similar to pilates ) . Combine those exercises with additional diet control via mfp and additional workout to burn about 500-1000 call per day and you'll get a long way towards where you want to go, and within a few weeks. Remember a few important tips:1. Often when we think we are hungry we are actually thirsty. Drink lots of water. 2. Better to eat small healthy low cal meals or snacks throughout the day than to fast all day if you aren't used to it. That will keep you feeling full, or at least not hungry -too hungry can lead to poor choices. 3. Don't weigh yourself too often. It can be discouraging. Once a week is plenty.
    Good luck!
    OMG they have invented time travel, I remember the Callanetics craze first time round, in the 80s :grinning:
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Good luck!
    OMG they have invented time travel, I remember the Callanetics craze first time round, in the 80s :grinning:

Me too (I am old too ;) ) - better dig out the shiny leotard and tights!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    " ... need to lose it by 2/14/2014... "

No you don't.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

do NOT forget my leg warmers and headband.... geesh :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    gained 11 pounds in 1 year. need to lose it by 2/14/2014.

I'd look into finding a time machine then lol. I hear this lad Stewie Griffin has one.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    krennie8 wrote: »
    Especially since it requires time travel!

marty we need to go back to the future!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Good luck!

so we can go back to feb 2014 and then the 80's….sweeeetttt!!!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    You gained 11 pounds in 52 weeks and now you want to lose them in 5.

Do you see the problem with that?

Look, just set an appropriate calorie deficit and accept that it'll take time.

well no, she wants to go back in time to 2014 which would erase the weight game and then start over…

why don't you get that?
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

No, no, no, the new trend is to learn a new language while exercising.

You're welcome.
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

do NOT forget my leg warmers and headband.... geesh :)

Sings " Lets get physical"
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    You gained 11 pounds in 52 weeks and now you want to lose them in 5.

Do you see the problem with that?

Look, just set an appropriate calorie deficit and accept that it'll take time.

How slowly you gain weight has nothing to do with how quickly you can lose it. Losing 11 pounds in 5 weeks is realistic.