Eliminating Meat from my Diet

I am thinking of eliminating meat from my diet. I think it would be a great way to cleanse my body. Boost weightloss!

Replies

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    I would advise against it.
    Eat the same things you eat now but less
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Meat is an excellent source of protein which helps your body retain muscle in a caloric deficit. Plus, it's delicious - esp when wrapped in bacon :p
  • What about protein sups instead of meat?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    aimdavis79 wrote: »
    What about protein sups instead of meat?

I'm sure they would taste fine if wrapped in bacon too.
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    mmmmm .. Bacon
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    kethry70 wrote: »
    Meat is an excellent source of protein which helps your body retain muscle in a caloric deficit. Plus, it's delicious - esp when wrapped in bacon :p

LOL...Just had some bacon wrapped pork chops for supper. :) You speak the truth.

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    For the love it bacon, don't give up meat purely because you think it will "aid in weight loss". A calorie deficit results in weight loss. Meat is a great source of protein! Which is important for your body! Unless you are doing it for medical or moral reasons, this is sure to end in failure and disappointment. Don't give up things for the sake of weight loss. Make them fit, firm new habits. Find food harmony! ♡
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    For the love it bacon, don't give up meat purely because you think it will "aid in weight loss". A calorie deficit results in weight loss. Meat is a great source of protein! Which is important for your body! Unless you are doing it for medical or moral reasons, this is sure to end in failure and disappointment. Don't give up things for the sake of weight loss. Make them fit, firm new habits. Find food harmony! ♡
    ^^^ I agree with this!!
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Eliminating meat from your diet isn't the best way to cleanse your body. Depending on your goals, you should really consider flexible dieting. You still get to enjoy your favorite foods, just in moderation.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    armidomi wrote: »
    I am thinking of eliminating meat from my diet. I think it would be a great way to cleanse my body. Boost weightloss!

Nope. Your body doesn't need cleansing, and the biggest boost to weight loss is to eat less calories than you burn.

You can eliminate all the foods you want, but it all comes down to calories in/calories out. In other words, if you eliminate meat, you can still gain weight if you eat at a surplus.
  • I've been vegan for three years and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made for myself. With that said, I didn't do it for weight loss or any type of cleansing. There are tons of protein options out there (tofu, seitan, beans, nuts, whole grains, seeds, etc.), and going meat-free can be a very healthy, wholesome diet when done properly. Do some research, think about it, and then make whatever decision you feel is best for you. While I did drop a few pounds initially without trying (it's hard to get meat-free fast food as a meal, for instance), I do agree that equating cutting meat with weight loss will probably only end in disappointment
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    edited January 2015
    armidomi wrote: »

I have found that adding meat/protein and veggies while reducing carbs has helped me not overeat and lose weight. Protein helps me stay full and satiated. And, I don't need to "cleanse" my body (other than the outside, with soap). :wink:
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Sounds like the worst idea ever
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    the only reason EVER to not eat meat is for ethical animal reasons and strict medical issues.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    That has to be a joke OP right? Right?
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    That has to be the silliest reason I have ever heard. If you don't want to eat meat that is all good but have a real reason.
  • It does not aid in weight loss... I have been a vegetarian my entire life, not even a single bite has entered my mouth. I eat healthy but I have big portions which end with weight gain. You should stick to what you are doing but just pick leaner sources of meat, but if you think being vegetarian will work for you then go for it. It is your life and you can do whatever you set your mind to.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    I was vegetarian for 12 years, fat for 12 years too.
    It wasn't untill I started being mindful of what I ate, which meant including small amounts of quality meat from 'happy' animals that I lost weight and became so much healthier.
  • Metazoick
    Metazoick Posts: 96 Member
    'Vegetarian' sounds healthy, and you can imagine it resulting in a diet full of nothing but vegetables and fruits and seeds and the like, but it's just as easy to be unhealthy as a vegetarian as somebody who eats meat - the only thing you're dropping, after all, is meat, which isn't inherently bad for you.
    I know vegetarians who eat healthily, sure, I also know some that eat huge amounts of bread and cake and chocolate and crisps etc. Trust me, they are not boosting their weightloss by not eating chicken instead.
  • Paul_Collyer
    Paul_Collyer Posts: 160 Member
    Don't do it! Eliminate added sugar and eat less high GI carbs instead :)