Oh gosh ... the honesty thing

Options
Hi. My name is Faith and I am imperfect.

I've been on my program for three days, and the first two days I did great. As far as food is concerned, I had a great day today too. But I got a six-pack of coolers this afternoon. I planned to just have 2 or 3 .... but they're GOOD. I drank them all, which put me over my limit by about 300 to 400 calories.

My first reaction was to mark down 3 coolers and still stay under my daily calorie limit. Looks good. Of course, I would REMEMBER it, but tomorrow's another day, right? I could 'make it up' couldn't I?

Then I remembered how that's worked out for me in the past. First I fail to write things down, then the next day I feel bad and that makes me want to eat something, which puts me over again. Which I also don't write down (tomorrow's another day). By the third day I don't bother writing anything down. There is no fourth day.

So guess what? I went over today, and there it is, in black and white! And tomorrow IS another day ... a brand new opportunity to be honest and work toward my goals as an imperfect person.

So glad I didn't blow it.

Replies

• MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, yes!!! I do this all the time! Well done for accepting it - tomorrow will be better!
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Confessing is the first step. Know there is no judgement. You can't change the past. You are already so far ahead of the game because your reflecting and accepting your humanity as Jenny Craig puts it and you have said it "we are perfectly imperfect and must accept our humanity." Also I really like the quote "successful people are not people who never failed, they are people who never gave up." We have to keep fighting and it is all a learning process. You can do better tomorrow. That is the best part of our journey there is always tomorrow be better than the day before. I see you have a great attitude keep it up.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I have to constantly remind myself that just because I didn't log it doesn't mean I didn't eat it. If I DO log it, that I can figure out how to compensate for it at some point. I think what really keeps me from being honest is being scared to see the actual numbers and a feeling of shame over consuming to much. But really, the calories went in whether I choose to acknowledge them or not. And I have to realize that overdoing it is human and bound to happen at times. Nothing wrong with it as long as it only happens once and a while.

And I'm a sucker for coolers too ;)