Getting Started -- Again

Options
I am a 43-year old mother to 2 wonderful young men. This is actually my 3rd time starting a weight-loss/better health journey. This time, I have some local friends to help keep me motivated, but I know I am going to have some bumps in the road. I am determined to not let them get me depressed so I give up this time.

My biggest challenge at this time is being able to afford the healthier foods on our budget, especially with a teenage boy to feed!

I have 87 pounds to lose and I am determined that I will lose them by this time next year, which is possible to accomplish if I just lose 2 pounds per week. (I started at 299 lbs in 2006 and am down to 237 now just by cutting soda back to 1 a day)!

I am starting with 2 little changes - I am going to wean myself off of the daily habit of Root Beer by starting to go every other day in week 1 and every 3rd day in week 2 and so on...

My other change is keeping fruit and nuts around the house for when I am in need of a quick pick-me up. I am learning to grab a Cutie (clementine orange) instead of a candy bar when I get a sweet tooth!