breakfast question

Options
2»

Replies

• SandraNancy
    SandraNancy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have eggs every morning-- I find that grains/cereals/oatmeal just doesn't keep me full the way eggs do. I have a half cup ground turkey, mixed with a bit of salsa, and two scrambled eggs. Throw it in a pan for a few minutes, some blackberries on the side, and presto! It's about 275 calories, berries included, and has about 32 grams of protein, so a great start to the day.

If you're feeling creative you can always throw in other veggies like bell peppers, onions, maybe a little cheese if you're wanting to splurge.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a half an english muffin with chive and onion cream cheese with a little smoked salmon. Sometimes I have greek yogurt with berries and granola, peanut butter or avocado toast or even eggs. One of my favorite recipes recently has been a fried egg with a little arugula salad with avocado and dressed with oil and lemon and a little slice of smoked salmon. So much yum!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I have like 10 things I rotate between regularly but sometimes will try something new. Its my favorite meal of the day. This morning: gluten-free pumpkin pancakes topped with pumpkin butter, cinnamon, raw pumpkin seeds; egg whites; strip of turkey bacon; tea
  • amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    overnights oats, easy to prepare the night before in a mason jar, practical and clean to eat at your desk.
    http://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/05/17/overnight-oats/ this link is great for overnight oats recipes!
    Smoothies are also a great option.
    Egg/spinach on english muffins, you can prepare a batch, and freeze them, pop them in the microwave and they are ready to eat - http://www.efficientlifeskills.com/make-a-weeks-worth-of-healthy-egg-breakfast-sandwiches-in-15-minutes/
    Pinterest has so many healthy ideas

Good luck
  • Marzstar
    Marzstar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a piece of whole grain toast with peanut butter topped with sliced pear (a quarter is all you need). Then I grated some cheese over top. I sometimes substitute apple for the pear and top with different cheese (i.e. cheddar, friulano, etc.).