Fat people issues and horrid people

Options
An article I read recently had this paragraph: "I don't quite know how to explain this to people who haven't been fat for their whole lives, but there's a very subtle (and very profound) sense of exclusion from "clean eating" lifestyle brands like Gwyneth's. Fat people are not allowed to eat "beautiful" foods that make them feel healthy and strong, because taking joy in meals is for thin people. When fat people do it, it's a vulgarity, an indecent exposure, a slow public suicide."

Have you ever also felt this way? I have.

And another thing that really gets to me: The constant bitchiness and mean people in the gym. Why can't we all just be supportive and kind to one another???

Your thoughts?

Replies

• hudsonsong
    hudsonsong Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I understand what you mean, but my advice is to just plug your ear buds in and go like hell at it! I seriously am so into my own world when the music is pumping into my ears and I just remember that I am not there for anyone else, I am there to better my life. So just do you and forget what anyone else thinks, because, really at the end of the day, you go home with your self and not those people, so I say screw em!
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Every time I start getting back into my gym routine after a couple of months off I can't help but feel self-conscious. After a couple of days however I begin to settle and not pay attention to anyone else in there. Like @hudsonsong said, just plug-in those earphone and lose yourself in your own little world.

People can be so judgemental and mean sometimes, I see it all the time at my gym. A thin lady constantly looking to her left at the larger lady on the treadmill running beside her in disgust. Especially with all the newbies and their NY resolutions in the gym this time of year. If we were more helpful rather than judgemental towards them then perhaps there would be no more Fitness NY resolutions as they'd decide to stay gyming all year round.

What really gets on my nerve is when I still get judgemental judging me when I've lost so much already.