New NSVs that i've just realised

Options
Samstan101
Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
I'm almost 10 weeks into along term plan to get fit and lose weight (i'm hoping when I weigh in tomorrow I'll have lost 2st in 10 weeks). It dawned on me this morning that besides the fact I already feel and look better because I'm lighter and fitter from working out 5 times a week I have a couple of significant NSVs.

1) I used to get bad heartburn alot and chewing antiacids alot. I think I've taken 1 antiacid in the last 10 weeks and that was in the first week. That has to be better for me!

2) I just looked at my sleep log via my Fitbit account and noticed that I got up twice during the night to visit the bathroom and I only vaguely remembering doing it. That doesn't sound that odd but 10 weeks ago I was a chronic insomniac who would regularly wake up at 2-3am and struggle to get back to sleep, especially when I was a bit stressed from work etc. In the last 10 weeks nothing in my life has changed but me and in all that time I have only woken up once and struggled to get back to sleep and that was because my head started buzzing with the workout plans for the following day!

1 I put down to better diet and 2 down to being tired from exercising (but a 'good' tired not a bone weary insomniac tired!). I know compared to some of the big weight loss etc we see posted here these are small scale but they are a huge incentive for me to keep doing what I'm doing and I hope act as small motivation to anyone just starting out on losing a large amount of weight.

Replies

• kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I hear that, I am sleeping so much better now and like you I had heart burn issues xx you're doing wonderfully!
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Well done those are good NSVs
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :)

It doesn't matter if others have lost more, it's all about improving your own health. And you have already done that! Be proud of this!
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

1) I used to get bad heartburn alot and chewing antiacids alot. I think I've taken 1 antiacid in the last 10 weeks and that was in the first week. That has to be better for me!

woo hoo! This was one of the first things I noticed as well, and man is it GREAT to not wake up in the night with heartburn! (red wine will still get me every time, though)

Congrats on your NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!