So starting my loose weight challenge;)

Options
How to do it correctly in 5 month program any suggiestion?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit, weigh and measure all your food, you will lose.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Why do you have a time limit? That's just setting yourself up for failure.

First, figure out how much you want to lose. Next, set your goals to what makes sense. Typically for someone with 40-15lbs to lose you set it to 1lbs/week, 15-5lbs to lose you set it to .5. Eat those calories in a 24 hour period. Work out when you want, doing something you love, not something you do because you think if you don't you won't lose weight. Watch the weight come off.

Don't eat less than what MFP gives you because you think you are smarter and that you'll lose more weight faster. Doesn't work like that. NET at least 1200 calories a day.

Drink a crap ton of water.

Sleep at least 8hrs a night.

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    With 43 lbs to lose (I am basing this on the ticker in your profile), 5 months is a bit on the unrealistic side if you expect to do this safely and sustainably. I agree with the previous poster asking why you've given yourself a deadline. Because she's right, that's a recipe for feeling like a failure if you don't make it.

Plug your numbers into MFP. Be honest about your activity level - don't blindly select Sedentary just because you have a desk job (a standard desk job accounts for only a small portion of the hours in a day, after all!) and select 1 pound per week weight loss as your target; more than that is not sustainable with only 43 lbs to lose. Eat the number of calories it tells you. (by the way the point is to ACHIEVE the goal of ___ calories a day, not to always come in under it).
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.
  • nataliadarowna1989
    Options
    Hi all ;) i gave myself a time frame as its good to Have one . It doesnt mean for me if i dont loose till that time i will
    Stop reaching my goal. I gain 20 pounds as i eat every day take away food. Since i refuse to do that anymore i feel
    Much lighter and not tired and sleepy anymore. Im working out in cross trainer for 30-40 minutes every day and i stay all day on my feet as im
    A waitress. 5 months for me was realistic but its seems i was wrong ;) thanks for all your comments they were really usefull for me. Finger cross for all who try as hard as me to be fit and healthy;) big hugs ;)
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    NET at least 1200 calories a day.

Where are you getting that? NET is something that MFP dreamed up. The 1200 calorie rule is something someone else came up with and has to do with getting enough vitamins and minerals. Think about what you are saying. A person who sets MFP to sedentary will have a lower NET after they record their exercise. A person who set MFP to very active may not record their exercise, but they might burn as many calories as the other person. Their NET will be 1200 if they eat 1200 calories, while the other person would have a negative NET if they only eat 1200 calories. The 1200/1500 rule applies to calorie intake, not NET. Anything else just doesn't make sense.

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

First, figure out how much you want to lose. Next, set your goals to what makes sense. Typically for someone with 40-15lbs to lose you set it to 1lbs/week, 15-5lbs to lose you set it to .5. Eat those calories in a 24 hour period. Work out when you want, doing something you love, not something you do because you think if you don't you won't lose weight. Watch the weight come off.

Don't eat less than what MFP gives you because you think you are smarter and that you'll lose more weight faster. Doesn't work like that. NET at least 1200 calories a day.

This.

Plus, OP, my OCD is making me point out that the correct word is "losing" not "loosing" (loose=not tight)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    5 months for me puts me almost to beach season.
  • Doublearr
    Doublearr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    More and more cardio.
  • nataliadarowna1989
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    5 months for me puts me almost to beach season.

Yes thats the thing;)
  • nataliadarowna1989
    Options
    Thanks
    rbfdac wrote: »

This.

Plus, OP, my OCD is making me point out that the correct word is "losing" not "loosing" (loose=not tight)

;)