60+ Kilos to lose

Hi all I currently weigh 140 kgs and Im tired of being this big and this unfit. I am currently starting to work 50mins a day on top of my usual daily things and I have brought my fit bit and start counting calories. Guess Im just looking for some encouragement and someone to join me on this journey as Im a single mum with no one else for support... Any tips and hints or Success stories would be great as Im feeling like Im fighting a losing battle... Thanks !!!!

Replies

• hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Hey there - yes it is hard but you have already done the first step !!! Add me to your friends list, we can motivate each other !
  • manfa1980
    manfa1980 Posts: 6 Member
    Thankyou!! I will do !... Unfortunately my brain thinks my body can handle more than it really does so slow walking is about all I can do at the moment because as soon as I start any other exercise like a gym I get dizzy and faint
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    manfa1980 wrote: »
    Hi all I currently weigh 140 kgs and Im tired of being this big and this unfit. I am currently starting to work 50mins a day on top of my usual daily things and I have brought my fit bit and start counting calories. Guess Im just looking for some encouragement and someone to join me on this journey as Im a single mum with no one else for support... Any tips and hints or Success stories would be great as Im feeling like Im fighting a losing battle... Thanks !!!!

Don't give up the ship (I was heavier than you) - I had 99% thrown in the towel & given up. Long story but ended up trying calorie counting -- the first thing to ever work for me.

Been at it over 1 year and never stumbled. After the 1st 60 days, I realized I was no longer acting like I was on a "diet". I had changed my habits and found my weight-loss resolve getting stronger not weaker as time went on.

Best wishes - you can do it. Add if you like...TGIF

73641431.png
  • manfa1980
    Thankyou so much I love hearing how others have achieved what I am just starting out. It helps me realise its not just a dream but a reality in the near future. Can I ask how long it took for you and what exercises did you start out with when you were at your heaviest.. Thanks :smiley:
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    You can do this. I watched Extreme Weight loss on the tv and wondered how do they do that. I'm now 66lbs lighter, a lot fitter and feel great. My sister started at 389lbs she is 150lbs lighter and has a new lease on life, she couldn't walk far now she walks for miles and lifts weights. Good luck
  • manfa1980
    Thankyou so much.. Ive watched The biggest loser and I have no idea how they do everything they do when most mornings I get tired just getting dressed.. Ill keep chipping away at it and hopefully I will start seeing some results