Two thirds of me in a year.

Options
mtikky
mtikky Posts: 53 Member
Hi,

First post on the new forums, so please be gentle. :)

Back in 2013 I decided enough was enough, so I decided to come back on myfitnesspal full time and deal with the situation.

Weighed in on Boxing Day 2013, at a weight of 20 stone, 6lbs (height 5 foot 10).
I was in 44 inch waist trousers, 18.5" collar shirts and XXXL t-shirts, and I'd had enough.

As of 23rd December, I am now 13 stone, 4 lbs - two thirds of the weight I was.
I'm now in 34" trousers, 15.5" shirts and Large t-shirts - something I'd never thought possible.

I managed this through two relationship breakdowns (one of which being a four year relationship with kids involved) and without killing myself in the gym.

Set myself up on MFP to lose 2lb a week and marked as Sedentary, and tracked absolutely everything I ate and drank - and all exercise. Even the walking (which at first was the odd half a mile walk here and there, although admittedly I now walk on average about 3 - 4 miles a day.)

I however generally don't use MFP's exercise totals, but instead use Endomondo for exercise, with GPS for outside exercise or a heart rate monitor for in the gym.

On average I was only going to the gym once a week, and for some months I didn't manage to go at all, so I would say that the majority of the weight loss has been concentrated on what I eat.

I can think back to what I used to be like... lunch would inevitably be a pastry slice and often a cream cake. I now eat salads and soups.
I used to sometimes eat dinner three times when I was on nights (dinner with the kids, then fast food on the way to work, then eating at work too). I now have one, and make sure it's filling.

I will see if I can find any pictures of me to give a before and after look... although my profile pictures do show different sides of me through the last year.

My journey is not quite over - I aim to get down to 12 stone so comfortably within healthy BMI range - but the long part of it is well and truly behind me.

Replies

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Well done you!
  • laurende1022
    laurende1022 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!! Congrats to you, especially through relationship problems. I know how hard that can be.
  • mtikky
    mtikky Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. :)

I dealt with relationship problems by going places. Unfortunately they're a lot more expensive than a bag of confectionery, but a lot more enjoyable.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • mariaoutlook
    Options
    Well done! :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You have accomplished so much. Great job. Thank you. <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!