Looking for friends

Options
yessi2
yessi2 Posts: 21 Member
Hello, I'm looking for friends to help keep each other motivated and accountable in weight loss journey. I'm 5'2" &have 50lbs to lose.

Replies

• SexyFromTheStart
    SexyFromTheStart Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello Yessi2! Sounds like we're in the same boat. I had this app a couple years ago and didn't stick to it. Hopefully with some support I'll do better.
  • yessi2
    Options
    Hello SexyFromTheStart, we already have that in common. I started this a couple years ago as well and did see good results but since then I stopped logging and gained it all back and some. :( I'm also hoping with the support I'll do better. Can't wait to see everyone's progress over time. If you have not already send a FR an I'll add you :D
  • dheeortiz
    dheeortiz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome to add me
  • khol1
    khol1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    hey, ive lost motivation over the winter period and starting to find things difficult, to top it off, my friends have stopped logging, which hasnt helped! :(

Welcome to add me for moral support.. I know I could use some! :)
  • lacykennedy89
    Options
    Just bc ur friends stoped..don't loose the vision of what u want to look like.. Just think when u come walking out looking good in that Baithing suit this summer how they will be shocked and wishing they would of stuck with the program
  • lacykennedy89
    Options
    yessi2 wrote: »
    Hello SexyFromTheStart, we already have that in common. I started this a couple years ago as well and did see good results but since then I stopped logging and gained it all back and some. :( I'm also hoping with the support I'll do better. Can't wait to see everyone's progress over time. If you have not already send a FR an I'll add you :D

• khol1
    Options
    Thnx Lacy - I haven't been weighed in almost 1 month now, but its getting done tomorrow!

Fingers crossed I can get back on track!

AND your totally right, it'll be summer before we know it!!

:D
  • lacykennedy89
    Options
    o:) ur welcome...I'm very hard on myself so being motivated hasn't ever been an issue for me
  • aliciajkerr
    aliciajkerr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat to you ladies as well! I've used MFP in the past as well as Weight Watchers. I'd lost about 10 lbs on WW this winter but gained 5 of it back over the holidays. I decided I'd rather count calories with something with a more broad data base of foods and a smaller price tag. I think accountability will be huge for me so I could use some friends for motivation!
  • essence918
    Options
    My story is the same. Welcomed to add me for moral support. I need it as well.
  • yessi2
    Options
    khol, just added you an I completely understand about losing motivation and the friends I had also stopped logging must be the holidays.
  • yessi2
    Options
    I just try adding the rest of you if you have not received my FR please send me one :-)
  • yessi2
    Options
    Just bc ur friends stoped..don't loose the vision of what u want to look like.. Just think when u come walking out looking good in that Baithing suit this summer how they will be shocked and wishing they would of stuck with the program

Your so right in six months we should all be thanking ourself for having the determination to get it done
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Please feel free to add me. I am 5'3 looking to lose around 30-40 lbs. I was doing really well until the holidays came (gained about 15 lbs back). Now looking to add new friends and finish what I started :)
  • yessi2
    Options
    rbn_held, just sent the request B). Those holidays really get to people me included.
  • khol1
    Options
    khol, just added you an I completely understand about losing motivation and the friends I had also stopped logging must be the holidays.

Not easy, but I dont want to stop logging, I was on a 60 odd day streak before the Christmas!
  • yessi2
    Options
    Khol, you don't have to stop logging even on a bad day. It's about being accountable to yourself.
  • khol1
    Options
    Khol, you don't have to stop logging even on a bad day. It's about being accountable to yourself.

Agreed - and on the road to success :)
  • yessi2
    Options
    (*) :)
  • srrosenbalm
    srrosenbalm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm in the same boat! Feel free to add me. It always helps to see other people's progress to keep you motivated!