Super-liberal 41, TX mom wants to lose at least 100 lbs. Open to all friends

Options
Good morning and happy Friday!
Live and work in North Texas (DFW) - looking to find friends and motivators.
If you're like me, sometimes that motivation has to come from elsewhere when your own runs low! I would be glad to help motivate you as well. :smiley:
I start at the gym next Monday and am wanting to incorporate juicing into my daily routine. Not sure if I'm ready for a fast but would LOVE to do one soon.
(I aspire to do a 60 day all juice fast but I'm not sure if I have that much will power...or money!! Juicing is expensive!)
I work at a job where I am in an office (and sitting on my derriere!) for about 8 hours a day. I can definitely tell that the years at a desk have been taking their toll.
I would like to lose at least 100 lbs but right now Onederland sounds like a fabulous place to start.

Replies

• kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm always open to adding new friends. I'll send you a request.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Forget the juicer. They throw away up to 90% of the nutrients.
    Get a Vita-Mix. Pulverizes the fruits, veggies, meat chunk, whatever. And doesn't waste any nutrients.
    In the office, can you switch to a sit/stand desk? I've been doing this for a few years now. Better for my back and legs. Now that I'm the only one in my office area I can do squats, two and one legged, at my desk while working and jamming to Kieth Urban. :)
  • AmberRamos123
    AmberRamos123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am a busy mom who goes to school full time, i to work at a desk job and don't move much. I'd love to help motivate as well as get motivation! Add me
  • TXChelleD
    TXChelleD Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Forget the juicer. They throw away up to 90% of the nutrients.
    Get a Vita-Mix. Pulverizes the fruits, veggies, meat chunk, whatever. And doesn't waste any nutrients.
    In the office, can you switch to a sit/stand desk? I've been doing this for a few years now. Better for my back and legs. Now that I'm the only one in my office area I can do squats, two and one legged, at my desk while working and jamming to Kieth Urban. :)

I've been looking at the Vita-mixes. I'll check them out!
    Right now, I can't do the stand/sit thing but maybe soon. :)
  • TXChelleD
    Options
    Adding you guys. Thanks!!
  • kimmi12
    kimmi12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi TX,
    I'm looking for some support too. Feel free to add me. Btw, I had to laugh, liberal and Texas is an oxymoron right? I love it :)
  • TXChelleD
    Options
    kimmi12 wrote: »
    Btw, I had to laugh, liberal and Texas is an oxymoron right? I love it :)
    That's why I put it on there! Lol! I don't want people to assume I'm a middle-aged, bible thumping conservative. (Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that!)
    I just happen to be the exact opposite of that
  • roady29
    roady29 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Haha TX, love the liberal and Texas comment! I too want to lose 80-100lbs. feel free to add me. We can help each other!
  • brandirosed
    brandirosed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    you can add metoo
  • dcavazos
    dcavazos Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a liberal in Texas too!! We do exist! And I also need to lose 100 lbs or so. I'll add you so we can encourage each other - as I will certainly need it as well. I am trying to get my diet goals down and then I'm going to make my fitness goals a priority. I also have a job where I sit on my bum all day - many days way more than 8 hours :/ I was thinking about buying the excercise ball but wasn't sure if they would tell me something about that lol.
  • warlesha
    warlesha Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well!
  • debtag69
    Options
    I am too looking for support, I just started Monday and am trying to fly solo but finding that very difficult - I am 45 yrs young and hitting a slump with my kids growing older, I would love to be added but to be honest, I don't even know how that works - insight would b appreciated
  • aliseasea
    aliseasea Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd love to "friend" you too! ...and anyone else on this thread who would like to support each other. It is possible to lose that much weight. I got close to it a couple years ago...slid back due to a number of reasons and now I'm at it again because I know it is possible. While fasts and juicing (which does take out most of the nutrients) may get you quick number results on the scale, it isn't a lifetime thing. It is all about tracking your food everyday - even when you know what the tracker is going to say and exercising/keeping moving. Easy but hard :smile:
  • kim_m_kk
    kim_m_kk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am a DFW liberal woman as well. I am 40 and have about 100 lbs to lose but would just love to get under 200 at this point then go from there. I started the gym this week and actually went three times. First time at a gym in 20 years. I have done the juice thing before - it is hard. I only lasted 5 days. I sometimes do blended green smoothies in the morning - although have not done it since Novemberish. Would love to have more friend to support each other as we move through this journey.
  • TXChelleD
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm excited for the change but so scared of failure.
  • BabyKiwi07
    BabyKiwi07 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Your more than welcome to add me :)
  • mikedunntx
    mikedunntx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun. I am new so not sure how I can help but we can be fitness friends for sure...
  • mikedunntx
    mikedunntx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    TXChelleD wrote: »
    Thanks guys! I'm excited for the change but so scared of failure.
    Just take it one day at a time
  • TXChelleD
    Options
    Thanks! I just keep reminding myself that tmit took about 10 years to get here...it won't magically fall off overnight. :)
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have about 90 lbs to lose and am willing to be friends with anyone and offer support.