Stomach rumbling? Hungry? How do you tell the difference between...

Options
2»

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    i read on one of my fb pages i follow that said if you're not hungry enough to eat an apple, you're not really hungry..so i've been trying to go with that mindset. :)

Yes. I always have cut up celery, bell pepper, etc. You would be surprised how infrequently I go after it when I'm "hungry".

I also do the hot tea trick. It somehow tricks me into thinking I've had more than I had. I don't stick to peppermint though--I keep an array of dessert teas around and go for whatever sounds best.
  • chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    There's a group doing research on teaching people to recognize hunger, as an alternative weight loss method. I came across one of their articles awhile ago http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3119582/

I think they train people to recognize "initial hunger" as a cue to eat only when their blood glucose level is under 81. You're supposed to train yourself to recognize what you feel like at the proper blood sugar level, then learn to eat the right amount of food to be back to a blood glucose level of 81 before you eat again.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    When my tummy is grumbling, it's my body burning fat :p Thats what I tell myself anyway ;):#
    I too do alternate day fasting. So I've learnt to recognise what true hunger feels like.