Retired and fat

Options
Three years ago I retired on disability. My Dr. decided to try me on one of the "latest and greatest" medicines for a month. What could it hurt?, right? I gained 45 lbs. in 30 days and the medicine didn't do a thing. I've been trying to get rid of the weight since. I found this app a few weeks ago. Now I'm obsessed with it. Finally got on the scales and I've dropped 14 lbs. It's amazing how easy it is to manage your weight when you see what you're putting into your body every meal. Hope I can stick to it.

Replies

• Gerich78
    Gerich78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost my job about 18 months ago.
    My husband is retired and loves to cook.
    He loves to have people appreciate his efforts.
    I have appreciated his efforts with great enthusiasm to the tune of about a twenty pound weight gain...on top of the twenty pounds I had gained over the course of several years of stress eating.
    Before all this I had diligently lost a lot of weight and kept it off for over twenty years.
    And it's always been a fight: I love food, I stress eat, I overeat.
    I'm beginning to concentrate on "changing one thing" each day.
    It makes my goals reachable and keeps me from despairing over the big picture.
    Yesterday I took my own advice: in a restaurant I watched how thin person ate. So I ate half my portion. Good for me!
    Sabotage met me at the pay station:
    I turned down the cookie sample.
    Good for me again.
    Two victories in one hour!