My Story

Options
Hi I am new to My Fitness Pal and would really appreciate help from anyone who has had a similar struggle to me.

I was always a chubby child and I guess I got into dieting when I was really young (age 14 or 15). By the age of 20 I was very slim, going to the gym 1 to 2 times a day, never eating after 4pm etc and in general being extremely strict. I had a routine and I lived by it. I remember during this time I did binge but it got worse and worse after I broke up with my ex boyfriend and I found myself binging regularly. I was always very sociable and I then started to close myself off, never going out or seeing friends just binging. It was the worst and most lonely time in my life and there was no routine and I started to feel nothing.

I am now 24 years old and for the past 18 months I have been relatively healthy but probably still binge once or twice a week. It makes me feel so desperate, lonely, depressed, weird, isolated and the list goes on. It makes my skin bad, my stomach bloat, my digestive system suffer but I still do it. Why? I have no idea.

I have made massive improvements and have recently met a really nice boyfriend who is kind to me and I am starting to feel more and more positive about myself. My job is going well and every aspect of my life is perfect, except that I suffer from Binge Eating disorder.

I have seen counsellors, personal trainers and the rest. It is now a new year and my fitness is pretty good but I am still heavier than I need to be. I am 19 pounds over my goal weight, and 34 pounds heavier than I was 4 years ago.

I was thinking of starting using MFP to log 1200 calories and then to exercise daily. Does anyone have any advise about over coming Binge Eating Disorder using this approach? Would you suggest eat what you want and stick to calorie limits or just eat clean food?

Replies

• lindseykp
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I don't have any advise about over coming binge eating, but I'd love to help support you on your journey. Feel free to friend me. Eating what you want and sicking to your calorie limits only get you so far...clean eating will take you farther! I know from experience :)
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Overeaters Anonymous. Google it. 6500 meetings a week. 9 tools of recovery. It's a program that saves lives.