Two Weeks Exercise & watching what I eat no weight loss :(

Options
2»

Replies

• wildflower83558
    wildflower83558 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. @ Aundreago, you are right about the scale...I do tend to obsess over that sometimes. I feel better today, my close are actually a little looser today even though the scale hasn't moved much. @diet_soda I'm only 5' 3" so weight really shows up on my short frame quick, even just a pound. :(
  • wildflower83558
    Options
    Finally I lost a pound! :-D
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Finally I lost a pound! :-D

Congrats! keep doing what you are doing, patience :) You'll get there
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Another tip: take pictures and measurements once a month. Sometimes that's a big motivator rather than just relying on the scale, especially if you're lifting or doing a lot of cardio as your body composition can change.

Good luck to you and congrats on losing that first lbs!!
  • wildflower83558
    Options
    138.8! Feeling motivated now! :smiley:
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    What am I doing wrong? Is it my age? I'm 45 1/2 yrs old. Yes I was bad during the holidays and gained 5 or 6 lbs but I can't seem to make it budge despite my best efforts. I've been working out 5 days a week (walking, power yoga or nordic trac walking) and I haven't lost one lb! My close are still tight too. Am I just being too impatient? Does it take more time? I used to be able to shed pretty quickly in my youth but now it seems to have changed and I feel stuck. :\

Hi. I just went through this last week. But I kept going and today that dreadful scaled finally moved 1 lb. I know its easier said then done, but it will move.
  • jillr527
    jillr527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    There are some weeks that darn scale just won't move. I am having one of those, and I know if will just take more time. Glad it finally started moving for you again, but don't be discouraged about the small ups and downs. Keep logging and exercising, and it will balance out in the end.
  • wildflower83558
    Options
    Thanks Jimmy0911 &Jillr527. I'm hanging in there and determined to keep going and try to stay on the healthy track. :smiley:
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    just a note that many folks find they can't eat all the exercise calories MFP gives. It tends to over estimate. Usually just eating 1/2 of them back ensures weight loss.