1,000 calories at a different Fast Food chains

Options

Replies

• MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    The Veggie Slider at White Castle has 10 more calories than the original Slider. WOW!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    Not really surprising. Fries and Milkshakes are very calorie dense. When I go to McDonalds I get a Big Mac and a Side Garden Salad (no dressing, just some pepper and vinegar) instead of the fries. To drink a coffee or tea or Coke Zero and that comes to 580 calories here in Canada where I find McDs tastes much better than the US. I do the same at most other fast food places if I need to eat there. I can usually come out with under 700 calories consumed.
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    None of those are too shocking. I think most people wouldn't be too surprised that half a chicken, fried, is high in calories. What gets more people, I think, are the salads and supposedly "healthy" choices. Some people are probably surprised that a cheeseburger and chili cheese fries comes to 980 calories, but most people probably know it's not the greatest meal choice. A lot more people would probably be shocked that a BBQ ranch chicken salad and medium fries comes in at 990 calories, 10 more than the cheeseburger and chili cheese fries. My homemade cobb salad came in at 880 calories the other day and that was with limiting the amount of dressing, cheese and avocado I put on it. I could see where a restaurant version of the same salad could easily be double the calories without seeming that bad. The salad may offer more nutrition, but it also has more calories and is not necessarily the best choice if a person doesn't have the calories available.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    As expected.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    ahhh chipotle....
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    The only one here that surprised me was the double whopper being over 1k calories, without any side or drink.

The rest are as expected. I don't know why anybody is still floored that it's so easy to pack in a 1000 calories.

At this point I imagine more people would be shocked at how much you volume you'd have to eat of things like shrimp, grapes, cantaloupe, or peas in order to wrack up 1k calories.

In other news KFC's grilled chicken tastes much better to me than their fried.