Working out while having kidney stones.

Does anyone know if it's safe? I've heard that it can be painful because the exercise can cause the stone to move. But is it dangerous?

Replies

• Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    edited January 2015
    I would consult your doctor. In the meantime if you can do it and aren't experiencing pain it might be okay.
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    I wouldn't take that chance, check with your doc.
  • ckmnacln
    ckmnacln Posts: 370 Member
    I did and It kept moving the stone that was stuck (and bleeding). It was painful but my doctor said it was helping it along. I ended up having surgery anyway, I do have two other stones that so far haven't caused problems.
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Depends on if they are currently an issue or just there. This is my second time with them and they have currently been there for about 5 years, they rarely bug me and I workout all the time.
  • bethwellard1
    bethwellard1 Posts: 1 Member
    I have kidney stones and my doctor said it was absolutely fine to carry on exercising.
  • I have had about 5 or 6 (bad genes) and they never moved when I was working out. What knocked mine out was a headstand :p
  • HaraldurB
    HaraldurB Posts: 76 Member
    Thanks everyone. I'm going for a CT scan soon and if it is kidney stones then I'll ask my doctor if it's ok or not.