Fear

Options
2»

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    There have been some threads on this. Now I have my answer since it is more likely always the same. Just one big insecurity.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    My fear is that there wouldn't be enough weights for everybody else to use while I'm in there.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    530roman wrote: »
    My fear is that there wouldn't be enough weights for everybody else to use while I'm in there.

LOL my gym has only 3 oly bars and only 8 45 plates. Dumbbells up to 75. When me and sometimes one other guy are doing any of the three big lifts we use all the 45s. There only one bench press and one squat rack too.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    HA! I was just totally being a bro there, but I can see how that would be an issue. Especially for deads and squats.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    HA! I was just totally being a bro there, but I can see how that would be an issue. Especially for deads and squats.

If I don't work in then I'm waiting longer than I want to. I go to a community college gym so my gym has a wide range of newbies to people pretty strong.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

If I don't work in then I'm waiting longer than I want to. I go to a community college gym so my gym has a wide range of newbies to people pretty strong.

The strong people in my gym need to work out a schedule or when people can work in with others. the lack of weights and bars really suck. I don't have enough money to get a gym membership since I am paying for school also.

• tianimay123
    Options
    I don't like being looked at while exercising, makes me a tad self conscious
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I don't like being looked at while exercising, makes me a tad self conscious

Well it is human nature right. You don't ever look at people exercise at the gym. I know I do but I see weight and progress from increasing more than like body parts or anything else.

You being self conscious will more likely change once you start to feel good in your own skin. What one way to do that? Consistent exercise.
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    people, just people in general
    i love the gym when theres no one there
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    pechepanda wrote: »
    people, just people in general
    i love the gym when theres no one there

Interesting.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    There aren't any gyms near me anymore, but I used to live fairly near one and didn't go for several reasons - germs, extra time, I prefer to exercise outside, it was always crowded or closed when I wanted to workout, germs.

Most of those had nothing to do with fear, but I admit to being a bit of a germaphobe around other humans.