40 lb off, 5 ft 0, keeping going, age 40

Options
Ooci
Ooci Posts: 247 Member
Big change and I'm 2/3 of the way through my journey now! It feels like someone took the rubbishy non functioning old body away and gave me a new one. Best of all, that someone was me. The kindest thing I ever did to myself.

Then, 12 st 7

81DF4B0E-FAD9-4EFA-A27B-6F35FA50E27D_zpsb5g7jagx.jpg

Now, 9 st 9 (measuring 36", 29", 36")

84FA9A1F-98AE-4D85-95D5-97A4756405BC_zps8ungqitw.jpg

Goal (this pic was taken 11 yrs ago) It shows me at 8st 3, around one and a half stones down from now, measuring 34", 25", 34"

5D64CE88-119F-4474-A8BD-F1F73652C872_zpslzjfth6m.jpg

Replies

• ruchi947
    ruchi947 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did u have a lot of lose skin and what did u do
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!! Keep it up!!
  • Ooci
    Options
    Thanks! No loose skin at all as yet but like I say I've got another 20 odd pounds to get to the third pic. I'm doing a lot of exercise and strengthening.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You look Fabulous!
    Thank you for the inspiration.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    beautiful in all 3 pics! *^.^* doing great!
  • Ooci
    Options
    Aww, thanks! I felt so ugly at the biggest weight I didn't want to leave the house! I feel so great now though :)
    It's more than worth the battle.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    So motivating. You look fabulous :)
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This is the kind of help.i need. Reading this is an inspiration !! Keep up the good work x
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    good job! its nice to see some fellow shorties on here!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    You do NOT look 5'0". I looked at all your photos and thought you were quite tall, actually.
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! Looking good.
  • jjejjtu
    jjejjtu Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    You look lovely and are an inspiration! What a beautiful background in that first photo, by the way :)
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Nice Work! Keep it up!
  • ProjectEm
    ProjectEm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration to me!
  • fittermon
    fittermon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing ~ very motivational, especially when it is so much harder losing weight over 40 than it was in my 30's. You are beautiful and I will keep reminding myself that it's "more than worth the battle."
  • Ooci
    Options
    Ohh, I'm so touched to come on here and read those lovely remarks- thanks! The background to the first pic is the model village in Bourton on the Water, by the way, a fabulous thing to see but not the kindest background as you will look like a giant!

I go to Slimming World and hear a lot about taking a reasonable target, not making life too hard for yourself over 40 and respecting that it can be a bit of a choice between the body and the face, as a few extra pounds leads to a rounder, prettier, face. A lot of the ladies there think I should take target right here at 9 st 9 which is a BMI of 25.5. Slimming World don't pay a lot of heed to BMI though, and I have to say I find that a bit unsettling, as well as their whole approach to uncounted calories.

However I am going to keep going at least to 9st 0 and then assess the bonyness of the face versus the sagginess of the pouch! It would be really nice to lose the wadge of fat over hanging the pants!

Just two more as you've been so very kind.
    3F51AA63-3408-47CE-8294-98D2E4466834_zpsjm4ed4io.jpg

0D3118A3-238A-48AC-A8B1-EFBB75FAB0EF_zpsvapodg5y.jpg

If I have one word which is the answer to this it's "Time". Just keeping going. Holiday gain? Never mind, get back on plan. Let it lapse a week? Never mind, just pick up again. Ate three pieces of cake? Don't worry, just forgive yourself and get back on plan. I have never stuck within calories, I've never done it 7 days a week, I've had a billion slips. But I've been at it 14 months and I lost 40lb, not including the pounds I had to re lose after gains. And I'm sure another 14 months could get me to 8st 5. We can do it and it isn't a race!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! You'll do great getting that last 1/3 off, Miss Slinky!
  • Ooci
    Options
    Thank you Bruce! What a brilliant transformation in your before and after too!
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You look great! I am 5' as well and love to see pics from people my height. Congrats!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good for you! If you don't mind my asking, how long ago was the third picture? I am wondering how far "back" in my weight history I might aim to get to!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!