Juicing/FSND/Reboot with Joe

Options
I am looking for anyone that may have had success (and kept it off!) while juicing. Whether you are juicing (or smoothie-ing) part-time or juice fasting long term. I do notice that when I juice in the mornings, my thoughts seem alot clearer and I feel better. I have never juiced full-time but have done alot of research and have seen the good, bad and ugly. Thoughts?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You just need to eat at a calorie deficit. To me, having just juice for a meal leaves me ravenous for something to eat. Not a good thing.
  • TXChelleD
    TXChelleD Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The times I have juiced, mainly for breakfast, they kept me full. I know that juicing all day would probably be a different story.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit, that's what you need.

Any loss from a juice cleanse will more than likely come right back once you reintroduce your regular eating habits.

Adding juice to your diet ongoing and as a quicker way to get all that in? No problem.
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Juicing is just another way of eating your calories. There is nothing intrinsically magical about juice. I prefer to chew my calories but to each their own. So if you prefer drinking it then fine, but this idea that juice will somehow make someone lower their weight is fundamentally flawed

Also you will pee more but thats the only major difference
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I think the key thing you need to ask yourself is: Am I willing to do this forever, even after I lose all this weight? Or will I slide back into my old way of eating? IMO juicing all day is going to end in going hog-wild on all the forbidden foods, instead of learning to work those foods in your calories.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'd think of it this way. Whatever you do it needs to be something you can keep doing so you can keep it off.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Actually juicing can increase the calorie intake as it concentrates the juice and removes the fiber.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Actually juicing can increase the calorie intake as it concentrates the juice and removes the fiber.

With a blood sugar spike to boot
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I like to eat my calories.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I like to juice because I don't really like to eat my greens. At least not as many as I should. I do count calories in the whole plant even if I'm not eating all of it. I'm going to start juicing again this weekend. Mostly I just juice kale and carrots. Not fruit. Fruit I really like to eat. Here's a link I thought you might like. It's what got me into it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/07/02/cherie-calbom-on-juicing-part-1.aspx
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »
    I like to juice because I don't really like to eat my greens. At least not as many as I should. I do count calories in the whole plant even if I'm not eating all of it. I'm going to start juicing again this weekend. Mostly I just juice kale and carrots. Not fruit. Fruit I really like to eat. Here's a link I thought you might like. It's what got me into it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/07/02/cherie-calbom-on-juicing-part-1.aspx

Mercola is a quack. he is the only doctor in the known universe who recommends (and even sells) tanning beds. I would find better information if I were you
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    s_pekz the juice lady is talking to Dr. Mercola. But you'd probably be hatin her too. But like you said to each their own. I do it for the nutritional boost.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    If your juice is really pureed fruits & veggies, great, it's an easier way to eat them.
    If you're removing the fiber, not great. You need the fiber. Just eat the fruits & veggies.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    If your juice is really pureed fruits & veggies, great, it's an easier way to eat them.
    If you're removing the fiber, not great. You need the fiber. Just eat the fruits & veggies.

Actually, I'm using a high powered blender (Vitamix) not a juicer. I can drink a lot more of ie... spinach by blending it with other stuff vs trying to choke down a really large spinach salad. It includes the fiber. And by adding ingredients, you can no longer taste the spinach.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Actually, I'm using a high powered blender (Vitamix) not a juicer. I can drink a lot more of ie... spinach by blending it with other stuff vs trying to choke down a really large spinach salad. It includes the fiber. And by adding ingredients, you can no longer taste the spinach.

So more of a smoothie than a juice?

I do that sometimes for breakfast. Mine will have a cup or so of greens, some berries, flax/chia seeds, some nuts, etc. etc. Not a bad way to get in some extra greens in the morning.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options

I do that sometimes for breakfast. Mine will have a cup or so of greens, some berries, flax/chia seeds, some nuts, etc. etc. Not a bad way to get in some extra greens in the morning.

Yup. Smoothies. I'm trying to make an effort to up my micronutrients. And make desserts at home for the family. Have to justify this expensive thing
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Yup. Smoothies. I'm trying to make an effort to up my micronutrients. And make desserts at home for the family. Have to justify this expensive thing
    Make some soups too!
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I like juice/smothies as what they are, a drink. I find juice/smoothies really deliciouis ways to incorporate more veggies and fruits into my diet. However I do not think they should be used as a diet exclussively, but rather incorporated into a lifestyle and balanced food choices that you can live with everyday, and only if you actually enjoy them. When counting calories, you only have so many to play with everyday, if that method of consuming fruits/veggies allows you to enjoy it (I know I do!), by all means incorporate it into your diet. If you don't enjoy them however then find a way to eat them in a way you do enjoy.
  • LucyFordxo
    LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start a ten day juice reboot on Monday, and have been slowly transitioning to it this week.
    Feel free to add me! Going on a juice journey !!!!