slomo22 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Invest in some moon shoes! You might even pick up some ladies
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This would not be boring.

tumblr_mi6rg21EAN1qj0u7fo1_400.gif

wait but this is actually the coolest thing ever. would i get strange looks if i did this instead of my usual walks to work?
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Maybe you could be a volunteer dog walker and get some company?

This was going to be my suggestion. If I didn't have my dog I don't think I'd go out for walks.

If you MUST walk, is there a friend or family member nearby that could go with you? I often meet my mom to walk our dogs, so it motivates me to get out.

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I roller blade every day and FLY! ITS WONDERFUL!
  • FoodieMotion
    FoodieMotion Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Another option instead of music is an audiobook.
  • SueColumbia
    Options
    My library has a collection of playaway books that are great for walking. Basically its an audiobook in a cassette sized device. Plug in earphones and you're good to go
  • Sylvarose
    Sylvarose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm focusing on my water aerobics because of some problems I'm having. However, I used to be like you and found walking boring...and then I discovered: Zombies, Run! It's addicting, fun, takes your mind off of walking and it incorporates your own music. It pretty much can be used for walking, running, biking etc... Though unless you have away to keep your smart phone and hearing devices waterproof I wouldn't use it in the pool.

Works for both iOS and Android. Check out their website: https://www.zombiesrungame.com/
  • sismyn13
    sismyn13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started getting bored with my daily walks too so I got Nordic Poles. Fun way to take a walk and get a better workout.
  • version45
    version45 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I always find a walk and a talk with a lively woman to completely relieve boredom. Most times I don't want the conversation and the walk to end!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    wait- did I miss the reason why we "need to walk daily"??? when adequate exercise seems to be going on ?
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Podcasts.
  • Nightfly01
    Nightfly01 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Do you have access to a pool?
    No pool, but don't some people listen to podcasts? I do want to not walk, I think if I can actually drop weight it would be easier on my knees
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I roller blade every day and FLY! ITS WONDERFUL!

Nah.

People dream they can fly.

Birds dream they can rollerblade.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nightfly01 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Do you have access to a pool?
    No pool, but don't some people listen to podcasts? I do want to not walk, I think if I can actually drop weight it would be easier on my knees

Sorry. I understand bad knees. That sucks:(
  • AZTallguy
    AZTallguy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    A few of the larger malls by me open their doors at 6am just for walkers so they can do track walking. That might be something to check out in your area.
  • Nightfly01
    Nightfly01 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Another option instead of music is an audiobook.
    Are these bought through Apple? I can look into podcasts.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My advice would be to do something else if you can't bear walking. Life's too short to be torturing ourselves with exercise we don't like; find something you do like instead. Personally I love walking, but when I do it excessively, my left knee can start to get crabby.

I do bodyweight/ calisthenics a few times a week these days though, and find it's helped improve any moaning joints a lot. I've heard others say the same, and for your knees, I would work on some bodyweight squats maybe. Might take a little time, but you may find it pays dividends re: your knee, if improvement is possible :smile: