low carb all the way!

Options
2»

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Do low carbers play sports? Serious question. I run and cycle. No way I could do low carb. Just not possible.

I'm sure some do. I have always thought of "low carb" as the sedentary diet in my head though so I get where you are coming from.
  • flick1883
    Options
    I'm trying to do as low carb as possible. Your welcome to add me
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Do low carbers play sports? Serious question. I run and cycle. No way I could do low carb. Just not possible.

Yes, I could run and exercise quite a bit on low carb. Once you're on it for a while your body burns fat for energy instead of carbs/glycogen.

That wouldn't work for me. I just dont have the fat to spare. I just started training for triathlons and one of the first thing my coach said to me is be very careful with my race nutrition as I have very little room for error.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well, I'm certainly not a performance athlete, but... I have several medical conditions that induce fatigue. I try to have a moderate carb intake, and if it dips too low, that fatigue worsens and I don't have energy for the gym. My trainer wanted me to keep my carb intake to 75g a day and it just wasn't enough.

I've done very low carb before too. The energy buzz and all that? Meh. I feel the same way now after a good workout. Even with eating things no self-respecting low carber would eat.

Saying that, if low carbing is a sustainable lifestyle for someone else (it wasn't for me), go for it!
  • OneOddOne
    Options
    Like everything else, there is no cookie cutter perfect solution for everyone. Paleo has worked for me in the past, is working for me now, and it is something that I believe will work for me in the future. Without it I would still be 380 lbs. It is a tool, just like all tools it has its purpose.

I am not an athlete, hell I can barely walk some days. So, this is a solution for me.