Ladies - tips for getting rid of the C-Section "flop"?

Options
Before I had my second child, mine had almost gone back to normal - just a slight pudge. This time around, however, it's 10x worse than the original. Any tips/tricks?

I'm sure general weight loss will help, but even when I initally lost the baby weight (my youngest is 1.5 and I've just gained it all back in the last 6 months), it was still ridiculous no matter how many crunches/sit ups I did.

Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    You won't be able to get rid of it entirely. I'm down to very little after a lot of core work. I plan to have a tuck next year to get rid of the remaining extra skin.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy, drink water. Worked for me, 2 c-sections, 10 years apart.
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    You won't be able to get rid of it entirely. I'm down to very little after a lot of core work. I plan to have a tuck next year to get rid of the remaining extra skin.

Le sigh...
  • SuggaD
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

Did you get rid of it entirely? I do all of those and am resigned to a tuck. Cause right now, you can see my abs. So there isn't any fat left. Just skin. :-(
  • randomtai
    Options

Did you get rid of it entirely? I do all of those and am resigned to a tuck. Cause right now, you can see my abs. So there isn't any fat left. Just skin. :-(

My pic of my front is my current profile pic... not sure what is up with the pics on the forums. No front apron anymore for me.
  • SuggaD
    Options

My pic of my front is my current profile pic... not sure what is up with the pics on the forums. No front apron anymore for me.

Awesome! That's encouraging. I'll keep at it a bit but looks like you didn't have much to begin with. I had edema, which I think is what may have permanently ruined my elasticity.
  • Angel_Grove_
    Options

Definitely encouraging - you look amazing! Thanks!
  • juliesauber
    juliesauber Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter in 2009 (emergency c section) and got to a point where my tummy was in pretty good shape. Then I had twin boys in December 2013 (also c section due to one being breech) and I *dream* about tummy tucks on a daily basis now. I definitely have a ways to go to reach my goal (pre-baby #1) weight. But I've lost a little over 40 pounds since the twins were born. I can't help but keep reading about how once you've had more than 1 c section you're pretty much not going to lose that pouch without surgery (unless you're a genetic wonder)...
    Will DEFINITELY post to the masses if I manage to lose this twin tummy without surgery. ;)
  • randomtai
    Options

Awesome! That's encouraging. I'll keep at it a bit but looks like you didn't have much to begin with. I had edema, which I think is what may have permanently ruined my elasticity.

Definitely encouraging - you look amazing! Thanks!

Thanks :) I definitely encourage lifting weights... I have never felt/looked better since I started 2 years ago.
  • Angel_Grove_
    Options
    I had my daughter in 2009 (emergency c section) and got to a point where my tummy was in pretty good shape. Then I had twin boys in December 2013 (also c section due to one being breech) and I *dream* about tummy tucks on a daily basis now. I definitely have a ways to go to reach my goal (pre-baby #1) weight. But I've lost a little over 40 pounds since the twins were born. I can't help but keep reading about how once you've had more than 1 c section you're pretty much not going to lose that pouch without surgery (unless you're a genetic wonder)...
    Will DEFINITELY post to the masses if I manage to lose this twin tummy without surgery. ;)

ME too!!

Thanks :) I definitely encourage lifting weights... I have never felt/looked better since I started 2 years ago.

Is there a particular lifting program you follow? I've always pretty much just winged it and tried to hit all major muscle groups, but I wonder if I'd have better results with some set regimen...

I have a multi-station home gym (this one: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.html?adId=1044360203&image=0) and a couple of adjustible dumbbells (max 30 lbs each). Last night I ran/walked a mile on the treadmill then did 3 sets of bench, 3 sets of leg extensions, 3 sets of abs, and 3 sets of squats, walking in between sets.

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I do believe that genetics plays into whether or not you can get a completely flat belly after a c-section. Just like some folks will never wear a size 0, regardless of how thin they are. I see a lot of women with gorgeous bodies, even days after giving birth. I am not, and never will be one of them. I'll just be happy if my c-section belly is smaller and not as noticeable to me.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I do believe that genetics plays into whether or not you can get a completely flat belly after a c-section. Just like some folks will never wear a size 0, regardless of how thin they are. I see a lot of women with gorgeous bodies, even days after giving birth. I am not, and never will be one of them. I'll just be happy if my c-section belly is smaller and not as noticeable to me.

Yeah - this is what I have heard/thought/read. My belly wasn't too bad after #1, but #2 seems to have done a number on me. (Though, I had some sag before either of them anyway)

I figure, as long as once I lose the weight, I can tuck my sag into my bikini bottoms, I will be fine. If not... I will save to have it fixed.
  • clyn27
    clyn27 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    some times they just never go away completely. Thankfully mine has never been that bad (2 kids via c section in 3 years) but I have a friend who is a size 2 and hers is way worse than mine even at a size 9. Hopefully this is not the case for you but it is just something to keep in mind.