Post-baby health drive

Options
Hi all, I started tracking on 5th January and I'm heavier than I've ever been after having my first baby in August. Previously lost four and a half stone on weight watchers before getting married three and a half years ago but have put it all back plus a couple of pounds.

Looking forward to cracking on with the loss, and sharing the journey with like-minded folk.

Replies

• cjjc1026
    cjjc1026 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I don't really know what stones are In comparison to pounds but I also just had my first baby in August. I had lost over 50 lbs before getting pregnant and was at my lowest weight in years! I then gained close to 90 lbs during the pregnancy! I have only lost half of that and I know I can do this but I am having a hard time encouraging myself and disciplining myself this time around. I could use some support and I am more than happy to offer the same to you. I am an emotional eater and a binge eater and have been for as long as I can remember. Before pregnancy I was getting used to eating like a normal person and it all went out the window a month in. I need so bad to lose all this weight! I've never felt more unattractive in my life! Me being this fat and insecure is ruining my marriage! Anyway I'm babbling. If you can handle me being this annoying. ... Add me :) lol
  • misaswebb
    misaswebb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had my first baby at the end of May and I lost baby fat (well weight) but I look different because of loose skin and loose muscle. Trying to lose 44 pounds by August!!
    Add me!!
  • msathmary
    msathmary Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hear you ladies - I am 28 weeks pregnant and weigh more than I ever have. Lost 25 lbs. pre-pregnancy and was in the best shape of my life...now not feeling so great about myself :( I've gained about 30 lbs. during this pregnancy and am only 2/3 of the way done! How do I keep the weight from piling on in this last trimester?
  • Musicalpolarbear
    Musicalpolarbear Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Cjjc - you sound very similar to me! I tend to eat when I'm emotional too, and will eat when I'm not hungry then regret it. Will add you, and Misaswebb too - thanks!

Xxx
  • Musicalpolarbear
    Options
    msathmary wrote: »
    I hear you ladies - I am 28 weeks pregnant and weigh more than I ever have. Lost 25 lbs. pre-pregnancy and was in the best shape of my life...now not feeling so great about myself :( I've gained about 30 lbs. during this pregnancy and am only 2/3 of the way done! How do I keep the weight from piling on in this last trimester?

I totally failed to not gain weight, but what I will say is that it coukd have been even worse - i got to the point that it was uncomfortable to eat much as my stomach was so squished! Good luck with your last trimester, it's all worth it!

xx

• handley1234
    handley1234 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just had my second baby in December, after gaining around 70lbs during my pregnancy. I'm finally back into the gym and eating better, but I've still got about 25lbs to go before reaching my pre-pregnancy weight. I would love to have some other mommies on my friends list for encouragement and support!
  • getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    good for you! feel free to add me if you want!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I lose weight when pregnant because I get so horribly sick, I had my 4th baby at the very end of May, have gained my weight back and am now focusing on strength (my 3rd and 4th babies are 10.5 months apart, I was in bed for almost two years). I'm working on muscle tone now, I feel like I wasted away
  • Musicalpolarbear
    Options
    I just had my second baby in December, after gaining around 70lbs during my pregnancy. I'm finally back into the gym and eating better, but I've still got about 25lbs to go before reaching my pre-pregnancy weight. I would love to have some other mommies on my friends list for encouragement and support!

Congratulations on your new baby! I'm well impressed that you've already lost so much! I will add you if that's ok?
  • Musicalpolarbear
    Options
    good for you! feel free to add me if you want!

Thanks!
  • chilenitax
    chilenitax Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I can relate to many of you. I had my baby exactly two months ago and although I only gained 19lbs during the whole pregnancy,after two weeks of my baby's birth I went back to pre-pregnamcy weight since it were only 19lbs but somewhere between week 3 and 4 i started to gain weight and i have gain 15lbs. So I decided to start loosing weight before it gets out of hand. I also started on January 5th , so feel free to add me. For some reason I can't add anybody while using my tablet. Have a good Monday :)
  • Musicalpolarbear
    Options
    Well done for getting a grip before you gained more - I wish I'd had your self control! Will add you, thanks :smile:
  • Yummamamma
    Yummamamma Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, my baby #2 is 3.5 months old and I have a solid 45 lbs to lose. I would love it if you would add me!! I need more people like me!
  • Musicalpolarbear
    Options
    I'll add you Yummamumma :smile: