Weirdest "meal" in your food diary

Options
BarbieAS
BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
Just now I was making a shopping list for next week and feeling uninspired for dinners, so I went back to 2013 to see some of the things we were eating and maybe haven't had in a while. While flipping through, I found a meal I logged that consisted of 15g of mozzarella cheese, 3 egg whites, and a tablespoon of mayo. WTF? Lol. I have zero concept of how that stuff went together. Even if I messed up my diary and forgot an ingredient (or, heck, several ingredients), I can't fathom what I would have made with those things. I wish I could remember what on earth I was eating.

If I went through your diary, what would the weirdest looking meal be?

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    For a while, I was just kind of logging what I ate without putting it in the proper meals--if I had eggs, spinach, cheese, and buttered toast, I would go and check the boxes under whatever meal I had logged that ingredient in the first place. So I'm sure you'd find stuff like eggs/chicken/pears/butter.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    BarbieAS wrote: »
    Just now I was making a shopping list for next week and feeling uninspired for dinners, so I went back to 2013 to see some of the things we were eating and maybe haven't had in a while. While flipping through, I found a meal I logged that consisted of 15g of mozzarella cheese, 3 egg whites, and a tablespoon of mayo. WTF? Lol. I have zero concept of how that stuff went together. Even if I messed up my diary and forgot an ingredient (or, heck, several ingredients), I can't fathom what I would have made with those things. I wish I could remember what on earth I was eating.

If I went through your diary, what would the weirdest looking meal be?

Are you sure you didn't make a really simple egg salad to put on a sandwhich or crackers. I have made a simple chicken salad the past couple of days and ate it on crackers. I just used 3 oz. chicken, a Tbsp. mayo, and 28 grams of mozzarella cheese...pretty much the same if you swap your egg whites for the chicken.

• osteological
    osteological Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Not 'weird', but I've been guilty of eating jelly beans for lunch.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    My go-to snack is five deviled egg halves and a mini babybell cheese. Eggs + cheese = pure love. :heart_eyes:
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I saw a diary once that logged semen as a snack...
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hmm, I DID have a midmorning snack/lunch of candy, in various fruity flavors a while ago. (binge watching american horror story) so you'd see 6 laffy taffy's,4 wonka ropes, 1/2 bag of skittles, sprees.... All in one go. It worked out to be about 500 calories of candy.
  • lhrmoody72
    lhrmoody72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Plums and imitation crab-delish!
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Pumpernickel bread toasted with crunchy peanut butter topped with 2 fried eggs.
  • bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Hilarious! Is it bad that I have actually looked up the nutritional info for this?!?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I used to dip my cucumber slices in powdered nacho cheese (the stuff made for popcorn). I think that's probably a little weird.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    LMAO! I was thinking to myself, "Oh NOOOO! I *never* eat weird combos of food." Looked back at my diary randomly and found this gem on May 30, 2014:

Great Northern beans 100g
    Salsa 2 Tbsp.
    2/3 C. Greek yogurt
    1 slice white bread
    6g. butter
    McD's coffee w/ 3 creams

WTF! Must have been day before payday, lol! Nailed the macros (and calories) for the day, however! Winning!
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    bkerr30 wrote: »

Hilarious! Is it bad that I have actually looked up the nutritional info for this?!?

Hey, no judgment.
  • nerdburglar13
    nerdburglar13 Posts: 221
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hmm, probably my coffee. Apparently there's a big "bulletproof coffee" movement these days, but I was oblivious to that until recently when a friend told me about it. For the last 5 years or so, I've been blending a little butter, coconut oil, and a scoop of pasture raised collagen protein into my coffee. Sounds totally nasty, but it's actually quite good. Before experimenting and finally settling on that recipe, coffee would tear my stomach to pieces, but I sure loved the taste (and caffeine of course!). Now I have no problems with it whatsoever, and the bonus is better hair, skin, and nails. It definitely doesn't top the "semen snack", though, by any means! Bahaha!!!
  • CharleneMarie723
    CharleneMarie723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I once ate a can of tomato paste. I forgot the sandwich thin I was going to make a pizza with. Just ate my mozz cheese and tomato paste. On an airplane.
  • IcyHearts
    IcyHearts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lettuce and salt, or pureed pumpkin and brownie mix.