Replies

• EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    No harm. Just a waste of money

This.
  • Scholaryoshi
    Options
    If you are worried about taste and too many calories try a core power! They are delicious, made of milk and honey and very easy to drink!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Can you please recommend me any protein shake brand available from UK and Irish supermarkets or on-line? Thank you.

I like the products and service from https://theproteinworks.com/

Beware Holland & Barrett, although they can be good value when they have their "penny sale" the shakes themselves are pretty poor IMO. The banana one is positively disgusting unless you like the taste of iron filings!

I came here to say this. The Protein Works has some great flavours and is very good value.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    A note from a swimmer :smile:

If you're doing it right, swimming is a big calorie burner, especially if your swimming in intervals and not one long distance. I swam in high school competitively but started back this fall to lose weight. My exhaustion was extreme after workouts. I was under estimating my calorie burn. Increase your calories on days you swim. Get a good snack in an hour before swimming and then eat immediately after with carbs and protein. It helped my energy level so much and kept me from feeling like I was going to pass out after and during a swim. If your body is consistently tired from swimming, it needs more fuel.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    No harm. Just a waste of money

They are not a waste of money, you just need to know how and when to use it.
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Myprotein.com is also a really great site - I just bought their cookies and cream whey isolate and love it! It has great reviews and is apparently very high in protein for the calories and price :)