Step counts, fit bits, fitness tech help!!

Options
I really what to start monitoring my fitness but have no idea where to start when it comes to tech. Any help or advice or experience is greatly appreciated x

Replies

• AlexsMom721
    AlexsMom721 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use a Fitbit. Counts steps, miles, cal burned, sleeps. I pair it along with this app. They're coming out with a Heart Rate Monitor version of the Fitbit early 2015 which could be beneficial depending on your exercise. I have quite a few friends who use the Polar Loop. Check out both.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    They're coming out with a Heart Rate Monitor version of the Fitbit early 2015

They are already out.

To the OP:
    You might want to consider looking into the newer models of Activity trackers that have both HRM functions and pedometer like functions.
    However it really depends on what you want to get out of it. Here are some of the newer options:

Built in HRM-
    Fitbit Surge
    Fitbit ChargeHR
    Microsoft Band
    Basis Peak
    Basis Carbon (i think that's what they are calling the original Basis Band now)
    Samsung GearFit
    Samsung Gear2
    Samsung Gear2neo
    Samsung Gearlive
    Mio Fuse

Can Connect to HRM Chest Strap:
    Garmin VivoFit
    Garmin VivoFit2
    Garmin VivoSmart
    Garmin VivoActive
    Polar Loop

Compare reviews and then buy which ever brand/model you think would be most beneficial for you.
  • SarainSac
    SarainSac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use a Fitbit. Counts steps, miles, cal burned, sleeps. I pair it along with this app. They're coming out with a Heart Rate Monitor version of the Fitbit early 2015 which could be beneficial depending on your exercise. I have quite a few friends who use the Polar Loop. Check out both.

I just got the Garmin vivosmart. ..and its amazing
  • Phoebeg1723
    Phoebeg1723 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies.
    What do I want to get out of it?
    Eeerrrmm... I'd like something I can just wear and it tracks my movement whatever I'm doing tbh. Something which doesn't take too much thought, is reliable and not overly expensive.
    Step counting is key tbh but I want to start running so that will probably be my main use for it. And the heart monitor will be useful when I'm doing my aerobics or spinning to see if I'm working within my most beneficial range, if that makes sense lol x
  • pooc33
    pooc33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love my Mio Fuse. It doesn't track sleep, but the build in HRM is awesome. It gives you steps, calories, distance, and time. A couple of quick taps activates the HRM. It doesn't currently sync directly with MFP, but it does sync with many other apps that sync with MFP - so not a big deal. Battery life is great. I can usually wear for about a week and a half between charges. Only drawback is that it's a bit bulkier than many of the other trackers - likely because of the HRM functionality.