if someone could help me plz :)

Options
okay so i don't plan on weighing myself for a whole month, do you think that's bad or should i weigh myself more often? i jut feel if i wait that long i will see more results.

Replies

• deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Whatever your comfortable with as long as it doesn't become an obsession, you can also notice progress other ways which are more important than a scale, clothes, energy, sleeping etc etc. I weigh myself once a week, any more than that would drive me crazy.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I say toss the scale if necessary and go with how you feel and how your clothes fit.
  • idreeso
    Options
    Hi I lost quite a bit of weight (over 100lbs) and I checked my weight every morning! Now I weigh twice a week. Once a month is too long as prevention is better than cure.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Depends on your particular mindset. If you feel you will be more encouraged by seeing a bigger drop, then go for it.
  • Aidan_Bourke
    Aidan_Bourke Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    napoleon2.png
  • JBuchananon
    JBuchananon Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The object is to find a new lifestyle. What you need to try is eat healthier food and act like its just another day. Did you weigh yourself everyday when you weren't "dieting"? Probably not, so don't do it now. Otherwise you could get unmotivated when you don't get results you are looking for....especially in one month. Just a suggestion!
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    napoleon2.png

Lol
  • Thank u everyone :-)
  • tloubkelley
    tloubkelley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    HATE SCALES!!!!#yuck
    The true reward is to see how your clothes are fitting on u and no more sucking in or stretching out the blue Jeans! :D
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It is a personality thing. If I weigh every day nothing much changes - just daily bouncing around - and I never think about it. If I weighed every month, I'd start worrying I would (if I was maintaining) or wouldn't (if I was trying to lose) change ahead of time.

I didn't weight for 18 years and gained 18 pounds. And my clothes pretty much fit. It's a lot easier when you're tall - clothes are more forgiving.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Go for it. I prefer behavior goals, like keeping my snacks between 100-150 calories that week.
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Toss the scale. Smash it. We still need a measure of success for you. Are you taping yourself and keeping a food diary? You can achieve fantastic results. I wish you the best!
  • ellisboyd1
    ellisboyd1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I hate scales. I'm just honest with myself about how I've been eating, and if you're logging your calories you know whether you're sticking to your goal anyway.
  • Yea I havnt measured myself so ill forsure do that but i did take a before picture when i started :-) thank you guys for the advice
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I think its a mistake. Weigh yourself at least once a week. If you don't have any sort of check on your eating behaviour, you will pretty soon find yourself back where you started. I generally weigh myself most days and i find this good but I wouldn't go longer than one a week.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    The object is to find a new lifestyle. What you need to try is eat healthier food and act like its just another day. Did you weigh yourself everyday when you weren't "dieting"? Probably not, so don't do it now. Otherwise you could get unmotivated when you don't get results you are looking for....especially in one month. Just a suggestion!

This does not sound like the words of someone who's lost lots of weight and kept it off. It sounds like someone who's never had a weight problem.

The thing is you get fat by not weighing and not paying attention or caring about your weight. If you want to keep the weight off you have to care and continue to pay attention. Whether or not you log you food every day well that's harder work than weighing in my experience.

• Ja_ja_jakeya
    Ja_ja_jakeya Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Non scale victories are the best!!
  • Angie1212mfp
    Options
    I only weigh myself once as week. I have a friend who weighs daily, and though I love her dearly, I get tired of hearing her gripe about not losing anything, or only losing a fraction of a pound. She also is eating less than 1000 calories a day, and doesn't exercise. Cant get her to understand that she's in starvation mode, and that exercise is just as important to her weight loss journey. Her excuse for not exercising? she has no time for it. She works full time has 3 kids ; two teenagers and a 3 year old. has not only a treadmill, but an elliptical and a stationary bike at home. I must be getting old and crotchety.. because I have limited use of my left side and I still try to exercise as much as I can every chance I get.
    I guess I just get tired of her excuses...

Angie
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Tape measures are wonderful things.
  • 5683family5683
    Options
    I believe that avoiding a scale is just avoiding the inevitable. Keeping track of yourself and your progress is always a good idea providing you have an open mind. A person can have a plus or minus of five pounds of water, muscle weighs more than fat and also keep track of your measurements. I weigh myself before and after every work out to keep track of my water intake to avoid dehydration. I wish you well and success on your health journey.