Hey guys, care to help a newbie?

Options
Hey Guys.

So, obligatory stats: Male, 19, 5"10 , 80kg.

The time has come when I no longer want to look at my squidgy body. I would probably describe myself as skinny fat. My natural stature is fairly broad shoulders/mesomorphic so I manage to carry the 80kg fairly well under the clothing. I would estimate my body fat to be around 20-25% ( I could be well off, maybe lower) but this is just from looking at pictures. I was planning to lose weight by doing regular cardio while simultaneously introducing a calorie deficit into a healthy eating regime. The diet consists of a 1700 net calorie a day of high protein foods to try and provent any muscle loss and encourage fat loss so that I don't look like a skeleton on the other end. Now I've been looking at what might be a reasonable weight to aim for. I know that weight isn't the be all and end all but it would offer a sense of perspective, something to aim for and keep me motivated. The end aim is to cut body fat to maybe 12%-15%. From there I could start to build mass but not too excessively.

Taking the worst case scenario of my current situation of 25% bf with the aim to cut to 12%, I can work out a weight I'd need to be roughly:

25% of 80 = 20 kg

20/25=1% off total weight=0.8kg

0.8kg x 12 =9.6kg

60kg+9.6kg = 70kg~

Thats roughly a 10 kg loss not taking into consideration potential muscle loss. Is this realistic? What tip have you got? Feel free to completely ***** on my regime as I'm open to other methods.