Yo Momma so fat...

Options
My son is 14 years old and I never want anyone to say "Yo Momma so fat" to him and he become embarrassed that it is in fact true. He is at the age where kids start noticing things. I don't want to be an embarrassment to him, not that I want to be a "cool mom".
More that not wanting to be an embarrassment, I don't want to die young. I am 35 years old, 5'2" and I weigh 270. I'm just graduated Cosmetology School and got an amazing job at an Aveda salon. I don't feel beautiful and I'm in the beauty industry.

So, I am looking for friends, all kinds! Some to tell me good job, some to get ideas from, and some to kick my butt into gear when needed and I will do the same!!

I have very few real friends because my self esteem is so low! I used to hear that I was pretty...not anymore! :(

Am I ready for a change? YES! Am I depressed? Maybe, but that is changing today!

Add me and together we can do this! I used to be a real fun and crazy person, I want to be that way again!

Replies

• roady29
    roady29 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    Baby steps and we can do this!
  • jls1788
    jls1788 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Let's do this!!!
  • BigBodyBrandy
    BigBodyBrandy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new job AND your new goals! New to this "trying to turn things around" thing myself.
  • IrishDawgg22
    IrishDawgg22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Start building an active and supporting friend's list. That takes this site from really good to great.
  • donna13mela
    donna13mela Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there : ) your intro really touched me. your feelings remind me a bit of my own mom, and a little of myself as well. Your reasons for wanting to get in shape are absolutely sincere and unvain, and I'd just like you to know I'm rooting for you!