Detox water anyone?

Options
Anyone often drink detox water? How does it help you? Does anyone know of any proven benefits? What fruits do you like or don't like together?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    No such thing sorry.
  • abc921
    abc921 Posts: 1
    Options
    There is such thing. I drink lemon cucumber water and the nutrient found in those vegetables and fruits have been proven to help clean out your organs
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Clean what out of your organs? I've been looking for a discount substitute for chelation therapy but I don't like cucumbers :'( Would plain lemon make it less detox-y?
  • mockchoc
    Options
    abc921 wrote: »
    There is such thing. I drink lemon cucumber water and the nutrient found in those vegetables and fruits have been proven to help clean out your organs

Where is the scientific proof? So if I squeeze the lemon on my fish and have cucumber in my salad next to it is it going to clean my organs out the same as if it's squeezed into water and then called detox water? No.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    water + kidneys = detox water

/end
  • mockchoc
    Options
    water + kidneys = detox water

/end

(*)
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    lol
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The only time you need a detox is if you are addicted to drugs or alcohol and if that's the case I don't think water will be enough. Best left to the professionals. If you want to add some fruit to your water to make it taste better then go for it!
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing.
    I worked in Nephrology for many, many years - and this subject came up all the time. Also, the subject of drinking 10 and 12 glasses of water a day.
    Your kidneys only need 2 oz of water per hour for optimal hydration and flushing. Too much water at one time can actually flood the kidneys and overwork them; especially if you have any kind of kidney problems or are taking medications that eliminate through the kidneys . Just sip water/or any fluid for that matter (except alcohol) all day long and you will be flushing the body and hydrating at the same time. It's just that simple.
    The word, "Detox" is so overused!