Heart Rate Monitors

Options
What HRM's do you guys have?

I'm finally looking into purchasing one but there are so many that I'd like to compare them. I have read that HRM's that allow you to put in your age, weight and height are the most accurate ones so which HRM's have the ability of customization? Also, which HRM's have the ability to connect with MFP?

Sorry for all of the questions but I want as much information as I can get before I purchase one.

Thank you!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Up until recently I was using a Fitbit (to track daily activity) and a Plye Sports HRM. The Plye Sports HRM takes into account age, weight (kg) and VO2max. I had one of their cheaper $30 models.

Recently I bought a VivoFit since it was on sale and my husband bought me the Garmin HRM to go with it. I believe, although I could be mistaken, the Garmin HRM uses my profile information from Garmin Connect (software that goes with VivoFit) which includes age, gender, weight, height and VO2max.

I had to manually log with the Plye.

With the Garmin, it automatically logs an activity into Garmin Connect when I sync after a workout that I used the HRM which then transfers to MFP since they are linked. So in this case, the Garmin HRM is linked to Garmin VivoFit which is linked to Garmin Connect which syncs with MFP.