Looking for KETO dieters for support!

Options
I am 6'1 and 285 lbs. I want to lose 50 pounds by mid May. Carbs between 30-50 grams. Mostly lean meats and veggies. Moderate cardio and weightlifting. Advice please!

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just popped in to say hello and welcome :)
  • lisakwi
    lisakwi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just started on Keto this week and already down 7lbs on the scale! Feel great and super stoked!!!
  • lisakwi
    lisakwi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Advice is to track before you eat and track everything!!! Even a small bite. Carbs add up...and you'd be surprised where they come from. Plan your day the night before
  • nakiete92
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm really interested in the keto diet but have only heard bad things about it; have you had any bad experiences or any suggestions?
  • lisaeliz1
    lisaeliz1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mexndn: You can find good advice and recipes on Caveman Keto's website, www.cavemanketo.com, and I just discovered www.ruled.me last night, but that looks good too. Good starting place.

Nakiete92: I haven't heard bad things about it, but I think if you're listening to the media and/or the US government, you probably will LOL. Once I began educating myself on the science of metobolism, I realized just how brilliant these low carb methods are, and how flawed the low cal/low fat method is. But you probably won't feel comfortable with any method, low carb or not, if you just take someone's word for it! Education is essential.

Best friend has lost over 100 lbs on Atkins. I lost nearly 50 on it, but have been backsliding since trying to stop consuming artificial sweeteners :( but I have been dabbling a bit with a ketogenic diet and found the high fat makes it easier to live with and more successful for me.

The better known low carb plans are quite similar. I mean, carbs are what get stored as fat in your body, (NOT the fat you eat), so it makes sense to limit and ration the carbs you consume, while using dietary fat to keep yourself full and satiated longer.

Best of luck!