Very picky

Options
I am a very picky person and it's very hard for me to eat healthy. How can I find a way to eat healthy and enjoy it?

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

what do you mean my picky? I can't see your diary.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    just keep trying different foods.
    It is supposed to take 12 tastes of an item before one's taste buds adjusts to it.
    Cheers, h.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    how picky we talking about? like, normal adult picky eater and you don't like certain vegetables lik broccoli or something, or annoying eight year old picky eater and you won't eat those chicken fingers because the ends are curled up?

i'm assuming it falls somewhere in between. you're 31 years old, time to try different things. it takes time to broaden your palate, but it can be done. learn to cook things certain ways.

if you had told me six years ago that i'd be asking for extra vegetables at dinner and eating brussel sprouts, i'd call you a liar. but now it's uncommon for me to go without veggies at dinner.

one great way to sneak some vegetables in is with your pasta. make some roasted squash and zucchini and add that in with your pasta and sauce on your plate. you'll just taste sauce.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Instead of focusing on what you do not eat, please write a list of things that you do eat.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    As Capt_Apollo said, I do the same thing but with pizza.