Binge eating trying to follow low calories

Options
Anyone else who been trying to follow low calorie find them self having mad moment of binging on foods like chocolate biscuits I have now upped my calories becose of this

Replies

• LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what you mean by binging? Are you completely disallowing yourself from eating biscuits at your lower calorie goal?
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals out the day before and always throw in something you like. It seems like a lot of hassle, but it's 100% more effective for me that way.
    Try writing down all of the low calorie foods that you like, and buying as many of them as possible.
    Write down how you feel after you binge... put it on the fridge so every time you want to binge, you will see how it is going to make you feel when you're done.
    Another thing that helped me is working off all of the calories that I ate when I binged... When you have to work out over an hour to burn off calories that you ate in less than a minute, after about the second or third time, you will automatically think "so not worth it!" when you want to binge.. lol
  • debbieedson
    debbieedson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't normally keep stuff like biscuits cake chocolate in house I lost a lot of weight and at Christmas decided to let my sen eat what I liked which was fine then after Christmas I set my calories low to 1200 -1300 cal's and do my normal workouts kettlebell s and then yesterday had tiny piece of cake before I knew it ate cholates the lot was toatally discusted after no I don't normally eat them has don't buy them
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you eating some of your exercise calories back? If not, your are hungry and hungry gets some into trouble with bingeing.
  • debbieedson
    Options
    That's what I do work out then go on low calories again today was set fir workout but they upset I'm doing it tomorrow I've set my calories up to 1400 so can add better food in has kettlebell s is quiet a hard workout altho don't feel like eating today but I have definitely don't want it happening again
  • debbieedson
    Options
    Yes I been eating some back I think the problem is I should be on more calories I'm under 8 stone but wanted to eat cleaner after Christmas after eating what I wanted chocolate cake biscuits I think that what set it off I was planning going out having meal or takeaway has treat in February for eating better but totally wasn't normal what did yesterday felt ashamed
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Eating cleaner gets people in trouble and gives them thoughts of guilt regarding food. Eating cleaner has nothing to do with losing weight. Feeling ashamed of eating is concerning.
  • debbieedson
    Options
    It was the eating all at once that I was ashamed at I just don't eat like that and God knows how much calories I ate I wanted to stay away from chocolate biscuits I normally do have done for long time I eat them has desert when go out or has treat at sensible serving I think it's eating over Christmas what set it off
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Pre log your calories and leave enough room for treats at the end of the day.
  • debbieedson
    Options
    I will do I've put them up to 1400 and the Christmas cake gone won't be buying any more going to stock up on fruit and yogurt I like instead and had chocolate bar now and again back in to my diet see if that helps and try not to obsess about calories and that some food's are bad going to just try eat evened food and try give me some more calories I workout often it probably do me more good anything better then repeat binge eating
  • queenliz99
    Options
    That's the spirit.
  • debbieedson
    Options
    Thankyo definitely have to try something else low calories not eating certain food's not helping and because they in cubards from Christmas not helped not buying no more in