The standard Introduction.... from a not so standard girl. :)

Options
girlinprocess
girlinprocess Posts: 5
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all! My name is Adrianne and I'm an almost 30 (in June) year old originally from Chicago, now living in Tampa. I'm a full time student majoring in Music Education with a minor in English and a part time cashier. And you can imagine with all the extra time I don't have, my health has kinda taken a back seat. I've never been a skinny girl, more big boned. But in the past 5 years or so it's kinda gotten out of control. And now I'm starting to have other health issues besides just these lovely muffin tops. :) So it's time to kick my butt into gear!

All that to say, I've set a goal for "30 before 30!" trying to get down 30 pounds before my 30th birthday, which would put me in ONEderland (something I haven't seen since my teens!). Long term goal is to lose 100 all together and maintain. More than anything I want to feel good. I won't lie and say the scale doesn't matter, but it's not the primary focus. I want to be healthy gosh dangit and look good too!

So here I am looking for some friends to share this journey with and hopefully encourage them as much as I'm sure they'll encourage me.

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys!

Replies

• InnocentLunatic
    InnocentLunatic Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!

I know you probably don't have much free time at all, but I've also found, that when people have very demanding lifestyles like this, sometimes when they do have free time they tend to just "veg," sit doing absolutely nothing. If you find that applies to you at all, i.e in downtime between classes, etc, one thing you can do to get a jump start is to just take a walk around campus instead, or if you want to up the intensity, keep a jump rope or something in your backpack to use whenever you have a few minutes to spare-- a lot of colleges also have a gym that is open for free/cheap to their students, so look into that. But I think most of the time we just defeat ourselves by spending too much time going "OMG I have too much stuff to do" to actually get it all done ;)

Also, depending on how busy the store you are where you cashier, if you have a lot of downtime during your shift, maybe ask your boss if you can help someone in a different department, clean something, or whatever. Cashiering has you mainly just standing still for way too long, so doing anything that lets you move a little more at work will add up(It will also probably make your boss happy cos it's one less thing they need to get done)