Replies

• jennaalyssa
    jennaalyssa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to join please.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options

Please send me a mail message via my inbox, thanks!

• GrokRockStar
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I was a Binge eater previously and OA did not help my recovery since my problem was due to malnutrition. No amount of inappropriate food was giving me the micro-nutrients that my body desperately needed so the need to eat was never turned off. I have NOTHING against OA (my group was full of terrific people) but I am hoping that people also look at the FOOD because it's almost always the food; whether it's obesity, depression, BED, diabetes, autoimmune disorders, etc, etc. Supposed "emotional" and "psychological" issues are very often PHYSIOLOGICAL, aka "real", aka "not in your head". I only came to this realization after I was no longer malnourished. Many of us in our society, though obese, are malnourished and it affects EVERYTHING, especially the brain!

Thanks for sharing but I'd like to reiterate to anyone reading this that the OA program *does* suggest that everyone work with their doctor or a nutritionist to figure out any food issues and develop a food plan that works for them. That is one significant part of the program. Thus, even if it turns out you have malnutrition issues, etc., OA can still work just fine in conjunction w/resolving that in addition to any emotional/psychological issues too, which I would argue is a much more prevalent issue than being malnourished. It's important to explore all the angles. Thanks for sharing your story though!

Thanks for responding on this @Brandolin11!
    OA is a spiritual, 12 step recovery program and has nothing to do with dieting. An individual food plan is personal and OA does not promote ANY diet. Instead it helps the compulsive overeater address their relationship with their eating behavior. Just like an alcoholic, drug addict, or other compulsive behaviors, OAers believe that this disease of the mind can be addressed through the 12 steps of QA and tools of recovery. Bill W did a great thing for all who are in recovery programs!

• jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    <3 Other OA members please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Yolimon
    Yolimon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Although I am not in OA I'm curious and would like to join.
  • snickerdoodle253
    Options
    I would like to join this group
  • Vegmama79
    Options
    I'd love to join
  • eupossofazertudo
    Options
    Vegmama79 wrote: »
    I'd love to join

• reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    pick me.
  • septjan
    septjan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
  • la24lomax
    la24lomax Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to join OA
  • allisonfinegan
    Options
    I would love to join!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Here is the direct link to the group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101992-overeaters-anonymous

Or send me a message via my inbox.

• chuckylove
    chuckylove Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think I may need help. I would like to join the group to help myself not only to stop over eating but also as a tool to help motivate myself to eat right and stay within my calories. Thank you
  • michnjie
    Options
    I would like to join too....
  • najma_who
    Options
    I would like to join please
  • urokiamok2
    urokiamok2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would like to join please.
  • TheVattz
    TheVattz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I want to join.
  • smar4vpm456
    smar4vpm456 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, please send an invite!
  • dashdiet2013
    dashdiet2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Thank you.