Pizza...guilt free...

Options
KatySW658
KatySW658 Posts: 24
edited January 2015 in Recipes
I returned to work on Monday and have been trying to eat healthier. Saturday is normally my day off, however, I use Pintrest a lot and came across an alternative to a normal pizza base...cauliflower.

I was fairly skeptical, but this was delish and would recommend to anyone. I would advise, if your doing this recipe, you make sure you bake the base for a good 30 minutes. Mine turned out fairly good.

2dbdisq9ih5w.jpg

tf1wtew44hp8.jpg
5zhyaaxg63rj.jpg

http://brunchtimebaker.com/2014/03/30/magimix-food-processor-review-the-best-low-carb-cauliflower-pizza-crust-recipe/

xxx

Replies

• CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've seen that, and wondered about it. Thanks for the tip!
  • KatySW658
    Options
    CariJean64 wrote: »
    I've seen that, and wondered about it. Thanks for the tip!

I had looked at it for a while before trying. Totally worth it! Enjoy :D xxx
  • m4ndela
    m4ndela Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing! Do you add water to the cauliflower when you microwave it?
  • KatySW658
    Options
    m4ndela wrote: »
    Looks amazing! Do you add water to the cauliflower when you microwave it?

It smells so good when baking. No, just into a bowl and into the microwave...there is a lot of water that comes out of the cauliflower itself. Xxx
  • Jemoules
    Jemoules Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome recipe! Am going to try it out - shopping day tomorrow so will make sure I get some cauliflower and cheese o:):+1:
  • lharris6993
    lharris6993 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How many calories?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    How many calories?

I'm curious, too. I make my own dough, so I don't feel guilt at all. But I'm curious about the calorie difference.
  • ladydeee12
    ladydeee12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you make it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    How many calories?

I'm curious, too. I make my own dough, so I don't feel guilt at all. But I'm curious about the calorie difference.

Curious too. I ate real pizza last night with no guilt. If there isn't a significant calorie difference I'm not on board.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    How many calories?

Curious too. I ate real pizza last night with no guilt. If there isn't a significant calorie difference I'm not on board.

Exactly.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    funny thing, I had NO GUILT eating my pizza hut pizza tonight. It was delish!

Pizza Hut pizza is meh. Too greasy and salty. The little places are the best.

Will try this. I think I had it pinned already. But when I really want pizza, I want the dough too.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    funny thing, I had NO GUILT eating my pizza hut pizza tonight. It was delish!

Pizza Hut pizza is meh. Too greasy and salty. The little places are the best.

Will try this. I think I had it pinned already. But when I really want pizza, I want the dough too.

I needed to have it delivered...and we don't have any small places by where I live...and I like Pizza Hut pizza...

Not a single mom and pop pizza place? You should open your own. You'll make bank.
  • KatySW658
    KatySW658 Posts: 24
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I always put recipes into MFP, and my normal basic pizza dough which make the same serving of pizza has 390 calories and 69 g of carbs. This recipe here had 174 calories for the serving and 16g of carbs.

I'm not saying it's any better than a proper pizza dough, just a little healthier and a good alternative if your craving pizza but like me do feel a little guilty afterwards!

Xxx
  • KatySW658
    Options
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    You can get a big portabella mushroom and stuff the top with pizza toppings too. Put it into the oven and you got a pizza.
  • KatySW658
    Options
    LAMCDylan wrote: »
    You can get a big portabella mushroom and stuff the top with pizza toppings too. Put it into the oven and you got a pizza.

I like doing that, or taking beef tomatoes and building pizza stacks. Xxx
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    There's a bigger problem if eating makes you feel guilty!
  • KatySW658
    Options
    There's a bigger problem if eating makes you feel guilty!

It's just nice to have a healthy, tasty alternative that I can have that has a little less calories and carbs, allowing me to stick to my goals. Xxx
  • Jemoules
    Jemoules Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sounds yum Katy!
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If I can save a few hundred calories to have spares for wine and dessert I'm on board! Thanks for sharing!