Fitbit Charge

Options
I am interested in buying a Fitbit Charge but I work in the operating room and am not allowed to wear any jewelry. Will I get an accurate reading if I drop it in my pocket when I am in the OR? Does anyone else put theirs in their pocket?

Replies

• zerkki
    zerkki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a surgical technology instructor and also work in the OR. I just tied my Fitbit charge to my scrub pants and it recorded the steps accurately. Just don't forget it is there :)
  • marji1974
    marji1974 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. Was not sure how accurate it would be if I tied my charge to my scrub pants.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    It won't measure your heart rate accurately. If you only want a step count, why not get one of the cheaper fitbits and simply put it in your pocket?
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It won't measure your heart rate accurately. If you only want a step count, why not get one of the cheaper fitbits and simply put it in your pocket?

The Fitbit Charge HR measures the HR, the OP would be fine with the regular Charge as it will work if kept in her scrub pockets at work and she can still wear it on her wrist when not at work.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You might find the Fitbit One better for your needs. It clips to your waist band, pocket, or even your bra.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I put my Charge in my pocket for things like grocery shopping or mowing the lawn where my arms won't be moving. It definitely helps improve the step count. FWIW, I had a One before the Charge came out. I liked it, but I like the Charge more.