A HRM on a Budget

kezell83
kezell83 Posts: 112 Member
Does anyone know of a HRM that is not expensive but is still accurate? I cant pay $100 for one. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    When I go to the doc, they have all sorts of fancy equipment around but when they take my pulse they still do it the old fashioned way. If you are trying to monitor it while doing something to maximize the results you probably do need a HRM. If like most of us you just need to check it at stress points during your routine, two fingers and a watch will work fine.
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    bump I"m curious about this as well, I've seen some inexpensive ones but not sure about them.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    I have this one and I love it. Came to $95 with tax. Very easy to set up and very easy to use.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Polar+-+FT4+Women's+Heart+Rate+Monitor+-+Purple/Pink/6609307.p?id=1218762300844&skuId=6609307
  • The Polar FT4 for women is available at Amazon for $60.00. I've used Polar HR monitors for 20 years. Never had any complaints. Don't skimp on junk.
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    I agree with the polar like the PP mentioned.
    I bought it for under 100 bucks and it has been one of the best investments I have made!