Nutri-bullet

Options
hello

im sure some members have one - are they worth it?

do you use your shake as meal replacement or as a smoothie to have as snack throughout the day?

thanks for any input

Replies

• astridtheviking
    astridtheviking Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have a cheaper version and I use mine to make a smoothie for breakfast, milkshakes, protein shakes, etc... It depends on a lot of factors if it’s “worth it” to you - My blender is old and huge, and a lot more a pain to work with than a small blender. My parents were tired of washing it so they got me one for Christmas. I probably use it every day - but frankly, I’d be using my regular blender even if I didn’t have this one. It DOES let me do my breakfast smoothie a lot faster.

A single machine isn’t going to change how you eat, though, and I don’t think it’s significantly different from a full-sized blender.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I use it for smoothies, as meals - mixing banana or mango, strawberries or blueberries, yogurt and milk. Perfect (*)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I went to buy one the other day, but they were all sold out. I settled for a George Foreman blender. But it only has a 300kw motor. Which has me worried now :( It's on layaway, so haven't used it yet. Is this motor strong enough, do you think? I'm only going to be blending fruit and veg
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I have one. I love it. Its my go to when I come home hungry and cant/won't plan a cooking meal. It takes the edge off and guilt free until I can plan my meals. Last night I just added protein powder to a fruit smoothie an called it dinner. They are such a treat.
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I use mine as an easy way to get extra veg in, spinach, carrot, apple and ginger is a favourite and if its a fast day (5:2) it counts as a meal. I have added yoghurt which makes it rich and satisfying
  • lucysmommy2007
    lucysmommy2007 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to get one then! Seem like a good purchase to get more fruit and veg in :smile:
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Love it. Use it daily. It handles frozen fruit, crushed ice, raw carrots, and pretty much anything else I throw at it. I have also made pesto an nut butters in it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I want to eat food, so for me the answer would be no.
  • bluesky_57
    Options
    I love to use mine for breakfast. It works great and depending on what you like it really does pulverize the food. My go to is spinach, frozen berries, ginger and chia seeds...so good!!!
  • piningforapples3
    Options
    Get one if you can. They're really compact, but super powerful. I went through a homemade almond milk phase, and it still works like a charm.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I use it for green smoothies for breakfast sometimes and MAN does it do that better than my blender did. I've started making soups in it. We've made boba tea in it. And tonight I plan to make a chocolate/banana/yogurt dessert in it.
  • Jodibbs
    Jodibbs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've got a Breville Blend-Active and it only cost me £20. Blends everything in the bottle. I blend frozen fruit and vegetables for smoothies with no problem. It also crushes ice as well :)

I'm doing the 30 day smoothie challenge on simplegreensmoothies.com and usually have a smoothie for breakfast after working out. Keeps me full until lunch :) loving it!
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have the Nutribullet and the Ninja and both work great at pulverizing frozen fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. It comes in handy when you need a quick fix meal, just add some protein and off you go.
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    LOVE my nutribullet.

Great for frozen berries, whole citrus fruit (peeled), kale or spinach, hemp & chia seeds, and whole almonds --- all get blended up into a yummy, smooth drink. So many possibilities!

And the mill blade it comes with I use to turn rolled oats into oat flour in seconds (I use it in recipes 1:1 to replace white flour)... same thing with whole raw almonds -- creates an almond flour in seconds too!
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I got myself a blendtec for christmas. Its the only way I get enough fruits and veggies. I make a smoothie as breakfast with homemade kefir, kale, and frozen fruits. If I'm home and hungry in the afternoon I make an all veggie smoothie, with whatever I have on hand. I keep blanched then frozen into cubes kale, on hand, carrots etc. I love a carrot, apple, ginger smoothie. I now eat more veggies and fruit in a day then I previously did in a month!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I add whatever raw greens we have in the fridge, some protein powder, and one piece of fruit or some frozen berries.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have the Nurti Bullet pro with the bigger motor. I LOVE it. I use it to make smoothies for breakfast or on the weekends when I need nurtition, but can't be bothered to prep a meal (or need something light b/c I am going out later). It helps me eat more fruit/veg. My kids love my smoothies, so they were drinking some this weekend. It makes the smoothies so smooth - I can't stand weird textures. The only thing I have thorwn at it that it hasn't handled is raspberries... it can't seem to pulvarize those seeds. But strawberry seeds, chia seeds = no prob.
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my nutribullet, it is the best thing I have bought in a long time. The smoothies taste really good, I have never eaten so much green leafy veg! My kids love them too, and it is so easy to do, and keep clean.
  • lucysmommy2007
    lucysmommy2007 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i settled for a ninja - basically the same (Well to me anyways) - really enjoying it
  • JBliss1108
    JBliss1108 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use mine nearly every day. I use spinach, fatfree/plain greek yogurt, strawberries, grapes, blueberries, blackberries, banana, and oatmeal. It's really good. I've also used avacados, cashews, kale, pumpkin seeds, oranges, etc.

It would be a worthwhile purchase, IMO.