Need a 300 cal recipe

Options
I'm allowed of a 300 cal for the rest of the day!
I overdid this morning at breakfast.

Can someone help me With a filling meal for the rest of my day?
I had salad and tuna for lunch, so I don't want to repeat that.

Help??!?

Replies

• Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Beans are very filling. You could have a cup of cooked beans and a half cup of cooked rice for about 300 calories.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Do some exercise and buy yourself some calories back! I wouldn't make it on 300 calories with half a day left. Even a 30 minute walk at a brisk pace would be better than nothing.

If I had to though, I would probably have a bowl of Vector cereal with skim milk, and a lot of carrot sticks plain for a bedtime snack.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    How about:
    4oz chicken breast (120-140cal)
    148g steamed broccoli (50cal)
    100g baked sweet potato (86 cal)
    2 tsp country crock original (40 cal)--1 tsp each for the veggies:)
  • suneshine247
    suneshine247 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! I only have 390 for the rest of the day! I'm thinking a light soup with chicken & vegetables will get me through. (I hope... :) ) Good luck!
  • dbraley05
    Options
    Becareful with sodium intake too..thatll make u gain quick :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My attack plan for filling when I'm really hungry is multiple courses of mini dishes:
    1. Something with volume (soup in most cases)
    2. Something with fiber (salad or grilled vegetables)
    3. Something with protein (fish and chicken/turkey breast are the lowest dinner choices)
    4. A food that in my experience usually keeps me full (in this case cheese)

So if I had 300 calories, I would do a 50 calorie cup of soup (preferably blended), 4 oz grilled zucchini and/or eggplant for 60 calories, alternatively a huge green salad or a cucumber and radish salad for the same amount of calories, half a chicken breast for 150 calories topped with some kind of cheese, like a couple of spoons of shredded parmesan for 40 calories.

That should be at least 1 pound of food with filling elements.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Progresso soup - most varieties are 100-150 calories per cup so you could have the whole can for under 300 calories. ;)
  • kaycaputo
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. You were all very helpful ! :)
  • BarbraP44
    BarbraP44 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like the Green Giant Antioxidant blend of vegetables (broccoli, carrots, peppers) which is only 100 for the full box. I add 3 oz of chicken breasts and you are still under 300 calories. You could even have a cup of popcorn later..