about to throw in the towel..

Options
13»

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You lost a lot in 2 months.... Your body is most likely making some adjustments (moving things around so-to-speak). Keep doing what worked for you with the first 2 months and if after another 2-3 weeks there are still no changes, then make 1 change at a time and maintain that 1 change for at least a few weeks before trying something new. You have to give your body time to adjust.

Good luck and keep up the great work! 20 pounds is a HUGE success :smile:
  • rored85
    rored85 Posts: 4
    Options
    Coffee.....oh wonderful, horrible coffee.....unless you drink your coffee straight up black..(no sugar no creamer) it can be hurting you too! I am guilty of that! ....but yeah if you're like me and actually don't like the taste of plain coffee, you really have to re-think your sugar and your creamer, even if its fat-free/sugar free (its not really..take a look haha) and 3 cups is quite a bit. Something to think about!
  • cutlooseat60
    Options
    Add one more day of a work out. Just a 30 min walk might help.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    if you change something, make it consistent for two weeks and then evaluate what it's doing for you.

make sure you are logging every single thing that goes in your mouth, like licking the spoon after getting out 2 T of peanut butter, condiments, sugar in coffee.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Have a feeling you're be reactive too much. Meaning, that if you aren't seeing results by the next weigh in, you're changing tactics. SO, for at least 2 weeks stick to one regimen. Eat your BMR for a couple of weeks. Bump the intensity of your exercise, but lessen the rest time between sets.
    Check back in 2 weeks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If you are doing all the right things calorie vs exercise it WILL come off. Try to be patient and reinforce yourself with the knowledge that sometimes it takes awhile to see results....but then when you do....wow. A friend of mine was within 5lbs of her goal it took her a full 6 mos before that last 5 finally dropped off. She was religious about her diet and exercise and was SO frustrated....but oh such a happy girl when that last 5 let go. Keep on track and stay the course and you will be successful.:smile:
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    well can you throw it over here, cause I just got out of the shower and forgot to take a towel again and i'm cold and naked and dripping on the rug.

If your profile photo is you, I hope you don't mind me keeping this image in my head for a while. :wink:
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Have a feeling you're be reactive too much. Meaning, that if you aren't seeing results by the next weigh in, you're changing tactics. SO, for at least 2 weeks stick to one regimen. Eat your BMR for a couple of weeks. Bump the intensity of your exercise, but lessen the rest time between sets.
    Check back in 2 weeks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Agree with this. Also, change up the times you work out if you can. I always stall if I run the same time each day. Changing up the time seems to help me by making things a little less monotonous, too.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You need to throw out your scale and not worry about it. Take measurements and just focus on the positive changes you are making and on being healthy! I know it's hard to do but once you are closer to your goal weight the scale doesn't move like it did in the beginning and the scale should not be your only measurement tool! Keep at it!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    In feb i was stuck like that too. I upped my water up to a gallon a day and the weight started melting off. I try to drink 14-18 cups a day now

This!
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Don't throw in the towel.

When it seems that your body has stopped losing weight, keep doing your exercise and eating program anyway. Never give up. You will keep losing but it will take time.

When I was obese and thought it was impossible to lose weight, I would still do my workout. I might always be fat, I wagered- but I won't be the miserable fat person hiding in a closet eating Doritos, watching soaps and lamenting how I round I looked.

Diet and exercise in spite of the plateau was my way to rage against nature, genetics, and the unfair card that I was dealt in life.
    It didn't matter that my body was fat and resisted every step of the way. The sheer force of will would change it.

My advice is to stop worrying. Chuck the scale for three weeks. Keep doing what you are doing, but up the intensity of your exercise and cut calories by 200 per day. Often the cause of a plateau is too many hidden calories and too little (or well-adapted) exercise. Give it time.
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Its not my official weigh in day..but I do weigh myself just about every morning after I wake up and pee, and what not.. I FINALLY weighed below 150 this morning!! 148.6.. I weighed about 5 times to be sure..official weigh day to log in here isn't till thursday, so I won't put it down..but I was EXCITED!! Thanks for everyone's advice and support, I really needed it..and I still do!
  • freebirdjones
    Options
    Wow. How did you try all that since March? I'm confused. You lost 20 lbs since Narch and you tried all those things since when? You need to mellow out. When you change cals up or down, you need to stay there for at least 4 weeks and let you body adjust. If you're changing everyday, nothing will happen. Ths is a slow and steady process.

This is exactly what I was thinking. You need to give your body time to adjust and level out. I would throw away the scale for a while and go with how your body feels. I lost 7 inches in one month with no weight loss. I also find if I do a kick *kitten* workout I weigh a bit more from water retention. I go up and down by 1 or 2 lbs so I ditched the scale. I would go with photo's and measurements. I seen photo's where the chubby girl weighed 125 lbs at the start, and at the end with abs and all she weighed 135 lbs. So after seeing that weight has n bearing for me. I feel healthy and am losing inches that's good enough for me. I lift as heavy as I can. I would calculate your BMR on sedentary put that into my fitness pal by going to custom and eat back your cals burned. you can find your cals burned for lifting by going to cardio and typing in strength training :)

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bmr-and-daily-calorie-calculator.html

So if you try eating you bmr on sedentary and eating back cals burnt and do lifting you should give it a month at the least, and please don't get scared if you see the scale go up. msg me or add me as a friend and I have pages and pages of info bookmarked I can send you. good luck :)