Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is it bad if I only eat about 1000 calories a day?

2»

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    You have your calories set at 1,500, when your trainer said to eat 1,800.
    You are eating 1,000 calories or less a day. Last few logs are only at the 900 mark. You are eating 900 calories under what you've been advised to eat.
    You are setting yourself up for failure again.

Eat more, eat more calorie dense items, and log accurately. Also, get a food scale and measure everything. There is absolutely no reason that your meals should be 200 calories each on a plan that should be 1,800 calories.

I did not lose 27lbs and keep it off by eating less than or close to 1,000 calories a day. You can eat far more and succeed.
  • Original_Beauty
    Original_Beauty Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2015
    Some ideas to get extra calories

Breakfast: add a piece of fruit, or yogurt or a piece of toast. There is an extra 100 calories
    For a snack try adding some nuts there is an extra 100-200 calories (hahahahaha I just saw your snacks lol)

What are you having for dinner? Dessert?
  • NiqueKristan
    NiqueKristan Posts: 152 Member
    Dinner is usually a salad, or fish. Anything I can get. I do not cook and see what my grandmother or aunt or father is cooking (:
    Or else it is a salad or Amy's lol
    Some ideas to get extra calories

Breakfast: add a piece of fruit, or yogurt or a piece of toast. There is an extra 100 calories
    For a snack try adding some nuts there is an extra 100-200 calories (hahahahaha I just saw your snacks lol)

What are you having for dinner? Dessert?

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I just started eating well again. I guess I really want to know if it will hinder my weight loss. I know I should listen to my trainer, but for some reason it's hard for me to eat more!!

It will have a negative effect on your health. Eating less than 1200 calories risks not getting enough Macro/Mirco nutrients (1200 is a minimum for a reason). Less than 1000 and it's pretty much guaranteed you aren't meeting your bodies nutritional requirements. Malnutrition can seriously damage your insides and has a lot of nasty side effects (some of which aren't reversible).

Listen to your trainer.