Exercise calories?

Options
Sarahs2576
Sarahs2576 Posts: 418 Member
What's everyone's thoughts on eating the extra calories earned from exercise in excess of their daily goal? Wise decisions or no-no? Thanks!

Replies

• Sarahs2576
    Sarahs2576 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the article link.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    For me, if I am just going about daily business without any real effort than I don't. However if on the day I make an effort to burn significant calories than yes I do. However not all of them. I listen to my body. If I am hungry I eat something, if I am not hungry I don't. Forgot to mention I have a Fitbit so it can get a bit more confusing sometimes.
  • Danimalrunsagain
    Danimalrunsagain Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good article. I like how they present the information. However, the plan at MFP sets you up to eat at a deficit. If you want to maintain that preset deficit, by all means eat those exercise calories. However, the danger in doing this is that it is far too easy to underestimate your intake and overestimate your cardio burn. For that reason I try to limit myself to eating back 50% or less of my exercise calories.
  • kgateruhter
    Options
    Can I change a setting so MFP will not add my exercise calories to my total calories to eat for the day?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I you use a food scale and you know your true TDEE, nothing to be scared about...eat them and enjoy life.