Losing weight with M.S.

Options
Hello! I have a 2 year old son and never lost all the baby weight, plus starting on a medication for MS caused me to gain 18 pounds on top of that! I recently realized that my current weight puts me in the "obese" BMI category, and my blood sugars are running "pre-diabetic", so that woke me up to the fact that I need to make some changes. Plus, my MS already caused me fatigue and pain and the extra weight is making those symptoms worse. In order to get back into the "healthy BMI category", I need to get down to 159. So...here I am! I've tried every diet known to mankind and I have never been very good at sticking to them. Mtn Dew/sugary drinks are my weakness. I am a BIG emotional eater. Wish me luck! I've been reading discussions on the forum here for a while, and I love the sense of community here. Can't wait to see where this journey leads.

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site :)
  • dynisha19
    Options
    I know its hard to start on a new journey n sometimes it can be tiresome but don't give up!!!
  • profesorakrf
    profesorakrf Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm pulling for you.
    Take it one day at a time. Even if you mess up one day, start fresh the next day. Do it for your sweet 2 year old boy. And most especially, do it for yourself. You are worth it!